Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Drums of the Beast (/forums/showthread.php?t=266022)

Troxx 05-03-2017 10:26 AM

Bard speed was capped even after the titanium client and for all expansions thereafter. There should not be a speed difference. If there is, it would likely take a foot race from one side of west karana to the other to see any difference.

I honestly can't tell a difference between my crappy walrus drum and a selos drum in every day use - they're both lightning fast at 60.

Fasttimes 05-03-2017 01:36 PM

As far as I remember cap is 24.6 which is well below dotb but very slightly above selos

Fasttimes 05-03-2017 01:41 PM

https://www.graffe.com/forums/showth...run-speed-data This suggests 25.6 bring cap it's not really old data but still pretty sure it was in between

syztem 05-12-2017 09:02 AM

I feel like drums on red are simply 'overhyped' more so due to drop rate, and farming then anything. On Blue there are probably groups in SG daily I assume? good gems, good exp etc all around. On red its an annoyance, you don't go to SG unless you want gems/cloud shells to stock up on, Or specifically to farm sea spirits. Which I know only a few people have done on and off for red. One IIRC mentioned something like 40 sea spirit kills for 1 or 2 drum sets, about 10-15 swords and a whole lotta junk shields. Using solo sacrifice PH methods. Personally will stick with selos drums considering people want upwards of 400-500k+++ on these.

Only thing I may care about now is a better lute, I still use MM lute because Howler (+1 mod higher) is primary only, and I find swapping offhand/mh while swarming extremely annoying for a mere 2 damage or so extra per dot. Honestly should make them all prim/secondary or something.

The real question is does having say maestro or SW lute make that big of a damage difference? IE i currently do 63/tick on a denons 59 aoe moving. 59 bard friend says he gets 73/moving, havent tried to check what it is sitting still but must be just atad over 100?

Borak 05-21-2017 10:14 AM

I don't have the link handy, but back in the day Thott from Afterlife complained that bard speed never increased from classic. Specifically, you can reach the fastest speed a bard can reach at lvl 50 with a Selo's drum. Once you have a Selo's drum, leveling from 50 to 60 will not increase speed, whereas if you have a drum with a smaller modifier, you will continue to see increases per level until you hit the equivalent of Selo's Drum at 50.

Nvm, I found the link here. According to that link, if you're one of those lucky to have a Drums of the Beast, you can hit the bard speed cap at lvl 46.