Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Multi-Quest (/forums/showthread.php?t=17742)

Rogean 09-20-2010 02:41 AM

Multi-Quest

I have written a new multi-quest (MQ) template to be used for NPC item quest scripts. Currently I have only applied it to Hasten Bootstrutter (Journeyman Boots) as it requires rewriting the script for any NPC we want to use it on.

The MQ system is based on how we thought it worked on live; each item handed to an item is handled seperately, either completing the requirements for a reward or not. Upon the last item being handed in, the reward is given to that player.

With this in place, Hasten will now accept a ring from one player and then a Rapier and gold from a different player and reward that player with the boots. This is currently live right now, only for Hasten.

I'll see about adding it to other popular quests, but wanted to get feedback on how this one works out. I know some of you out there are hiding some ancient rings.

Let me know which popular quests you guys think should be reworked for this, and provided this script works out ok, we will try to implement in future quests for Kunark and Epics, and so on.

Gorgetrapper 09-20-2010 02:43 AM

I love that you guys are able to do this, I just hate that now things are going to be camped more than they already are. But that's just another way for people to make money, just like selling droppable shit. Keep up the good work!

Qaedain 09-20-2010 03:06 AM

Temple of Sol Ro quests.

Rogean 09-20-2010 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qaedain (Post 145191)
Temple of Sol Ro quests.

Specifics usually help, I'm not digging through an entire zone like soltemple for all quests that require 2+ items.

Pyrocat 09-20-2010 03:19 AM

Epics.

Hollllllllerrrrrr

p.s. amazing fucking work, I never expected to see quests MQ-able on an emu server.

Qaedain 09-20-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 145199)
Specifics usually help, I'm not digging through an entire zone like soltemple for all quests that require 2+ items.

A good start would be the class armors. All of them require a no drop component. If I am not mistaken, every other class quest except the Mage focus items also require no drop items. None of the Sol Temple quests use just one drop, either, unless I am overlooking something.

RKromwell 09-20-2010 03:28 AM

Hummmm...this will be interesting. So what would you pay for an AC Ring?

How much will you pay for your epic? Guilds are going to lock those down and make anyone not in the guild pay out the nose for it. I can feel it.

Nocte 09-20-2010 03:31 AM

You may want to clarify the differences between the process of multi-questing and the program MacroQuest (which commonly abbreviates to 'MQ') in your sticky somewhere. It would be unfortunate if someone misunderstood what was being implemented and Googled 'MQ' only to get banned.

I know it's probably unlikely, but better to err on the side of caution, right?

Crampers 09-20-2010 03:58 AM

I am just wondering what would happen if someone handed in the wrong combination for a quest, and someone came along to hand in a new combination? For example:

Soandso hands in Ring and a sword - Obviously this guy was a moron, and didn't read the quest and didn't hand the right weapon or coin. Is the NPC now expecting a Rapier from the next person?

Nextguy comes along 2 minutes later and hands in Ring - Is doing an MQ with Toolazy.

Toolazy hands in Rapier and Gold. Does this mean Toolazy will get the JBoots?

Hasten was expecting a Rapier and Gold to complete the original MQ. He recieved another ring. Does the case for this restart a new MQ opportunity, or effectively failing the first hand in by Soandso?

Usually time restrictions dealt with this, do we currently have any implemented?

I should say good job though Rogean, thanks for implementing this! :)

Rogean 09-20-2010 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crampers (Post 145218)
Soandso hands in Ring and a sword - Obviously this guy was a moron, and didn't read the quest and didn't hand the right weapon or coin. Is the NPC now expecting a Rapier from the next person?

Correct.

Quote:

Nextguy comes along 2 minutes later and hands in Ring - Is doing an MQ with Toolazy.

The NPC is now holding two rings and 3250 Gold in his temporary quest usage pool.

Quote:

Toolazy hands in Rapier and Gold. Does this mean Toolazy will get the JBoots?

Yup.

Quote:

Hasten was expecting a Rapier and Gold to complete the original MQ. He recieved another ring. Does the case for this restart a new MQ opportunity, or effectively failing the first hand in by Soandso?

After Toolazy hands in the Rapier and Gold, the NPC adds both to it's temporary pool. It then does a reward check.. If in his temporary pool there exists (1) Ring, (1) Rapier, (3250) Gold, those items are 'removed' from his pool, and a reward is given.

That means at one point he will have (2) Rings, (1) Rapiers, and (6500) Gold. However it will do the reward check when the last item needed to complete a reward is given, he will consume the needed items from his pool, and be left over with 1 Ring and 3250 Gold in his temporary pool.