Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Possible Assistance (/forums/showthread.php?t=322921)

Collins5112 04-14-2019 08:19 AM

Possible Assistance

Hello,

I am at the point my druid epic where I am ready to kill VSR for the pulsing green stone and was wondering if anyone would be willing to possibly assist today if he is up. The second stone can be randomed or given to whoever would be willing to help. Trying to save as much as I can in case I have to buy the pod of seawater. If anyone is willing to help, send me a tell in game on Tilleas or message me here, thanks.

loramin 04-14-2019 09:22 AM

Why not just join a guild? I'm not sure expecting raids full of strangers to help you with this AND your future fights is in any way realistic.

AmnesiacJack 04-14-2019 09:28 AM

Tilleas is a pretty good dude and one of the first druids I ran into when starting out who was just buffing and porting newbs around.

Kindadar 04-14-2019 09:54 AM

Put a time together and I can help if I'm available.

Legidias 04-14-2019 10:39 AM

I would also like a free 35k

Jimjam 04-14-2019 10:49 AM

Get me 3 60 enchanters, a cleric and dps and I'll do tank fight for you.

feniin 04-14-2019 10:58 AM

One enchanter can do the Rune chain if you have enough DPS

Keza 04-14-2019 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2893528)
Why not just join a guild? I'm not sure expecting raids full of strangers to help you with this AND your future fights is in any way realistic.

I joined a guild on my druid.. a well known friendly guild that has been around a long time. I wasn't expecting anything out of it, I never asked for anything and helped out where I could. The result? Well, I sure as shit didn't expect them to give the last piece I needed for my epic (the VSR stone) to an unguilded alt bot that was repeatedly sacc'd to stay low enough to fight Vox. Mind you that was the third time I did VS with them as well.. but every other time it at least went to someone who was guilded.

So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.

baakss 04-14-2019 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keza (Post 2893729)
I joined a guild on my druid.. a well known friendly guild that has been around a long time. I wasn't expecting anything out of it, I never asked for anything and helped out where I could. The result? Well, I sure as shit didn't expect them to give the last piece I needed for my epic (the VSR stone) to an unguilded alt bot that was repeatedly sacc'd to stay low enough to fight Vox. Mind you that was the third time I did VS with them as well.. but every other time it at least went to someone who was guilded.

So what's the problem with asking others for help? Especially for a triggered fight. Assuming that person isn't an asshat their only alternatives are joining a "friendly" guild that is all about the officers or joining a top-tier guild that hardcore raids. I didn't care about hardcore raiding, I just wanted people to hang out with and through this experience found out they are selfish garbage, just like every other casual guild I've joined in the past 20 years.

You're extremely cynical of friendly guilds. My experience was nothing like yours. The loot rules are usually clearly defined ahead of time.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with asking for help, but you shouldn't be surprised when at least some people find the notion of giving 20k plat worth (the value of that stone) of help to be at least a little dubious.

To the OP: If you get a group formed and are lacking dps, shoot me a message and if I'm available I will help.

Legidias 04-14-2019 05:48 PM

Cause you're basically asking for a raid force to hand you a 35k item for free. VSR doesn't require any sort of questing up to that point that would separate him out (say, like ixiblat).

"Guys I really need a fungi on my alt. How about we get together a decent force and camp it. Ill take first fungi and the second one can be randomed" is basically what it sounds like.