Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AA's? (/forums/showthread.php?t=42368)

Darkforge 07-11-2011 01:22 PM

AA's?

Will there ever be AA's put into game? Just wondering. It would be nice even if it was just the first Tier or whatever! =)

Atmas 07-11-2011 01:26 PM

AAs came in Luclin so....

Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin 07-11-2011 01:29 PM

ಠ_ಠ

baalzy 07-11-2011 01:36 PM

Well, there was an unofficial response by Rog that talks about the possibilities of the server progression after Velious.

There is a chance that some custom content development may take place, which could include AAs once we finish the timeline up to Luclin. If it does happen it'll be years down the road.

In that same post he also stated that they might bring up another p99 server to start the progression over again (this time with all the lessons learned, modified melee damage, weaker pets, ect...)

Nytewind TP 07-11-2011 01:51 PM

Id be happy going up to LDoN really, but that would mean SoL, PoP, & Ykesha would have to be added.... :( Beyond PoP YKhesha and LDoN are farily minor in size and detail.

Striiker 07-11-2011 01:58 PM

I tend to think that the realistic path will be:
1) complete work on Kunark (give this a year)
2) Release Velious (in about a year, concurrent work on this alongside Kunark)
3) Complete fixes to Velious (6 - 12 months)
4) Go back and fix all of the other issues, low-level bugs, minor changes, etc. (6 months)
5) Release a new P99 server with all fixes etc. in place. Make this a progression which matches what live was in terms of timings.
6) Current P99 server will continue to evolve with custom and/or select content from the official releases..

I think this would be an ideal end-solution. Those who want to continue with their characters which they spent a lot of time on can do so, exploring new content. Those who are interested in re-rolling on a new, highly-classic server can move to the new P99 server. I tend to think that this end scenario is about 3-4 years out.

greatdane 07-11-2011 02:00 PM

My god, this question must have been asked literally a hundred and fifty times by now, each with a separate thread.

Striiker 07-11-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatdane (Post 333100)
My god, this question must have been asked literally a hundred and fifty times by now, each with a separate thread.

That always happens. It's always fun to rethink things over time. Plus, people are far happier just asking instead of searching..

JenJen 07-11-2011 02:40 PM

starting over again eventually, with the server all sorted out, sounds appealing actually.

Messianic 07-11-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatdane (Post 333100)

Welcome to the internet