Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   nilbog. (/forums/showthread.php?t=50123)

Thulack 09-29-2011 09:29 AM

nilbog.

Aww did i touch a nerve buddy? It's cool what you have done with this server but when your excuse for things is well it was classic for stupid shit like a mob stuck in a wall and then you nerf other things that weren't classic makes you look bad. There i made a post in Rants about it.

Aadill 09-29-2011 09:32 AM

inb4ban

nilbog 09-29-2011 09:46 AM

Nope just getting you to the right area.

If you go out of your way in a bugs thread to call me out, you'll be told to go to rants and flames, or I'll just ban you.

If something is unbalancing to gameplay (like groups of players using a clicky to trivialize raid content), expect it subject to change. If you're comparing that to Hollish Tnoops pathing in West Freeport, then you're upset.

Personally, I think arguing in favor of something so cheesy is lame, but alas, I like games to be hard.

Thulack 09-29-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 418731)

If you go out of your way in a bugs thread to call me out, you'll be told to go to rants and flames, or I'll just ban you.

If something is unbalancing to gameplay (like groups of players using a clicky to trivialize raid content), expect it subject to change. If you're comparing that to Hollish Tnoops pathing in West Freeport, then you're upset.

Personally, I think arguing in favor of something so cheesy is lame, but alas, I like games to be hard.

When your reason for not changing something so simple as NPC in a wall is i quote "So Classic So, So classic" but then you go and make nerfs that are not classic your just contradicting yourself and it makes you look bad. It's as simple as that. There are other game balancing classic features that you don't change. If you gonna change 1 thing to make balanced then change others or find a better excuse for not changing simple things. It's not very hard to comprehend.

Thulack 09-29-2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilbog (Post 418731)

Since i cant edit in Rants. I also like things hard that is why i stopped playing live after 12 years and came here to play in a CLASSIC server not a server where the dev's deem what things are to powerful for classic and make nerfs that aren't classic.

Aadill 09-29-2011 09:52 AM

Hollish Tnoops being stuck in a wall was always an endearing part of the zone.

Thulack 09-29-2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aadill (Post 418737)
Hollish Tnoops being stuck in a wall was always an endearing part of the zone.

It really has nothing to do with the NPC in the wall. It has to do with nilbog's excuse as to why it's not changed. I could really give a rat's ass about the NPC in the wall but when the excuse is its classic when others nerf's are made that are not classic its just stupid.

jarshale 09-29-2011 10:08 AM

I kinda have to agree. Making a server "classic" would also include all the little bugs and exploits, like the hoop.

Eccezan 09-29-2011 12:01 PM

my2cp

I can see both sides of this. Regarding the hoops, while against it at first, I actually support the nerf of them for the following reason: If guilds on live were utilizing them in the manner guilds here were, they would have been nerfed on live. It does trivialize content that has 32k hp. In my opinion, and in many other peoples opinion that ive talked too, the kunark dragon fights finally seem to be on par in difficulty with the level they were in Kunark.

The downside of this is that the regular use of hoops in groups/soloing is almost totally eliminated from the game, which sucks for those counting on the use of this mechanic.

Glitch 09-29-2011 12:02 PM

Start a fundraiser to liberate Hollish Tnoops from the wall imo