Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: Monday, February 13th, 2017 (/forums/showthread.php?t=265599)

kotton05 02-13-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rankorr (Post 2467542)
***Implemented class specific level based weapon damage caps. Thanks Demonstar55 from EQEmu.***

is this a nerf or buff to epics and weapons like axe of the slayers(war only), Swarmcaller (rng only)

Is this the 2hb change?

Crom 02-13-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanable (Post 2467380)
Dedicated strafe keys were not available until way after classic;)

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001116.html

In addition, the following changes were left out of yesterday's patch message:

Fixed a bug that would cause some to not be able to cast after being feared.
Data for group members and targets will be updated more frequently. This change should reduce complaints of warping and slow hitpoint and other updates.
Bards received increases in the skill cap for their instrument skills.
Changed the default combo for casting spells from CTRL-1:8 to ALT-1:8, as CTRL was interfering with players ability to strafe.

and if I remember correctly there was even an official post about how strafe running made it very hard for mobs to hit ya, pre kunark..

Rainik Stormseeker 02-13-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rankorr (Post 2467542)
***Implemented class specific level based weapon damage caps. Thanks Demonstar55 from EQEmu.***

is this a nerf or buff to epics and weapons like axe of the slayers(war only), Swarmcaller (rng only)

I remember a 2H damage bonus nerf making the Silver Swiftblade nearly obsolete outside of training 2HS..

khanable 02-13-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crom (Post 2467597)
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001116.html

In addition, the following changes were left out of yesterday's patch message:

Fixed a bug that would cause some to not be able to cast after being feared.
Data for group members and targets will be updated more frequently. This change should reduce complaints of warping and slow hitpoint and other updates.
Bards received increases in the skill cap for their instrument skills.
Changed the default combo for casting spells from CTRL-1:8 to ALT-1:8, as CTRL was interfering with players ability to strafe.

and if I remember correctly there was even an official post about how strafe running made it very hard for mobs to hit ya, pre kunark..

Yeah. Strafe was done manually then.

There was no "set the a key to strafe left". That came later.

jolanar 02-13-2017 03:07 PM

FD finally fixed. Not gonna lie, I will miss sneak pulling, but it was grossly wrong on the server. Too bad it's 6 years late lol. Now maybe people will appreciate other pulling classes and CC more when monks actually have to spend a decent amount of time splitting mobs.

Also a pretty huge nerf to Haflings.

Daldaen 02-13-2017 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jolanar (Post 2467618)
Also a pretty huge nerf to Haflings.

I live for this.

Cecily 02-13-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedXIII (Post 2467181)
Game over to casuals ever raiding/pulling things in ToV ever again.

Guess that rules Awakened out.

Orajel 02-13-2017 03:37 PM

TBH sneak pulling with a monk made it easy on here. Problem is the trick we used on live doesn't work here topull. Thetrick was double star/jav'ing to split mobs. So its going to make corner splitting more of a art. Also when the removed sneak from monks working they also added the timer like 2 min of being fd to wipe all aggro. you would get a little pop up text saying your enemies have forgotten about you or something. I forget teh exact wording..

Utanven 02-13-2017 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tankdan (Post 2467316)
When I think back to classic, mobs never forgot about me. I'd have bard speed in Dreadlands wiz/druid portals, run to FV, and the mob would still come chasing me 5 minutes later. So I'm curious the proof and mechanics behind this or if it is simply a non classy P99 update.

Lazy Aggro wasn't until later.. Luclin & beyond

I remember it coming in when they changed endurance and sped up meditating (rest mode or w/e)

Def not part of this era, mobs are supposed to remember & chase you forever

kunoxs 02-13-2017 03:42 PM

Still no explanation regarding damage changes?