Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Uthgard (DAOC) General Info (/forums/showthread.php?t=27688)

El Culo 01-22-2012 01:30 PM

I am leaning toward dudu cuz every1 mad when i made ranja.

also game hella crashed on me last night then couldnt boot windows or linux mighta fried some shat

Unfun 01-22-2012 01:56 PM

started a blademaster, name is Zoah

Mardur 01-22-2012 04:48 PM

This patcher is not playing nicely. It just randomly stops downloading after 15 minutes or so, so I can't really just run it overnight. Kind of frustrating considering my 70kb/sec download speed atm.

Still not completely sure if I'm going to go Eldritch because apparently Mana sucks at high-end. So now I'm deciding if I'm gonna stick with Eldritch and switch from Mana to a Light/Mana spec at 40 or play something else.

I hate how few classes/builds are actually viable on this server. Like, 60 different paths you can go per realm considering classes + spec lines, but <10 are actually viable for endgame pvp.

Like, I wouldn't mind playing a melee. But I don't want to be a bashbot and that pretty much rules out all your options, unless I play a BM and we already have a Hero/Bashbot BM. Champions and Wardens are really fun, but they're not viable.

It seems like Hibernia has this problem a bit more than the other realms. The only classes that really seem worthwhile in a group pvp situation are BM, Druid, Bard, and Eldritch. You can fit in an Enchanter if you have a Light Eldritch, and maybe a Mentalist if you have both the Eldritch and Enchanter.

I know you can make different things work, but just some thoughts from your resident min/maxer :)

Missing Midgard already and I haven't even downloaded the client yet...

El Culo 01-22-2012 06:53 PM

might have to sit this one out due to technical issues. for now

Game randomly restarts my comp, on both linux and windows. When it happens, I'm completely fucked out of booting up either OS for awhile til computer unshits itself. Talkin blue screens and linux kernel spazzing out, never had this happen til installed last night.

really wierd for clunk ass game, trying to find crash log or something

Scrooge 01-22-2012 11:21 PM

We can meet on the P99-IRC in #uthgard to plan classes and see if who's ingame etc., Hammertime's guide should fix any troubles with client compatibility with Uthgard.

I highly suggest we go with a Melee-based group to start, so people can get a feel for the game etc.

FoxxHound 01-22-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuckle (Post 531182)
get yo self in hibernia with the fairies and elves pal :)

Other then VW or Vamp I've never liked Hib.
So I'll be on Mid sir.

Never liked their races much either.

The Revanchist 01-22-2012 11:38 PM

VW is in Uthgard. COME TO US

The Revanchist 01-22-2012 11:39 PM

vamp is for pussies (had one :o)

FoxxHound 01-22-2012 11:44 PM

No thanks. I'm not gonna reroll. Besides I like Mid more.
While my VW was fun. I liked my Savage better~

As for the vamp. Yeah, but it's a great solo class. Kind of like easy button whorelock~

Scrooge 01-23-2012 12:12 AM

One of the worst things about Mid on Uthgard is the lack of US players.