Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Uthgard (DAOC) General Info (/forums/showthread.php?t=27688)

Endoku 04-05-2013 03:09 AM

I havnt played this in so long and want to give it a go any suggestions as I really don't remember much. I played Alb back then friar and paladin

Tippett 04-05-2013 04:58 AM

game felt super slow and clunky, and that's just compared to EQ (lol)

also US time population was turrible

Nuggets 04-05-2013 05:07 AM

unforgiving. community is lets say... less than delightful. same problems as all mature freeshards. Top-Heavy, top guilds have a big advantage (RR in this case more than gear).

That being said, best PVP game of all time, and Uthgard is the best version you can get of it. Game was NOT meant for PVE. End-game is where its at, but tough to compete if ur new.

Battlegrounds are also fun, and plenty of scrubs/untwinked. Lot of fun as long as there are people there.

I have a 6L7 skald i havent played in a year. Prolly has some junk to help you guys out if your gunna give it a shot.

Tippett 04-05-2013 05:14 AM

i get it wasnt meant for pve, hence the incredibly clunky and shitty/slow pve combat

why did they even make pve part of the game if it was gonna play so terribly lol

Plaidpants 04-05-2013 12:52 PM

pve seems fine to me for its age.

Endoku 04-06-2013 02:28 PM

Nothing wrong with the server seems good to me but naturally you will have a disadvantage being new to the server somewhat and US times pop is around p99 pop at main US times for me anyway central...around 12-4am around 200-270 always people in start up guilds willing to give helpfull advice.
pop right now 771 100 more than in eq atm

Scrooge 04-06-2013 04:27 PM

My crew-guild Insanity, is still pretty active in Midgard. There seems to be action virtually around the clock, sometimes you have to "jumpstart the pvp" by letting the enemy know you're there (e.g. taking their keep back for your realm, will flash a server-wide message for all 3 realms that someone from some realm took "this keep" in "this zone."

Although our current (active mains') lowest level is 44, most of us have recently made lower lvl alts to try out casters for a change, when the rest of the guild isn't doing anything.

Our alt chars are: CapnCrunch Level 21 Spiritmaster and Stringer Level 26 Runemaster. If you're just starting up and looking for a chill non-elitist group of players to run around with, let me know if you want to group up sometime.

Also for anyone interested in seeing how end-game PvP looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKAUPv5bx3Q

Cya ingame!

Plaidpants 04-12-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrooge (Post 912588)
My crew-guild Insanity, is still pretty active in Midgard. There seems to be action virtually around the clock, sometimes you have to "jumpstart the pvp" by letting the enemy know you're there (e.g. taking their keep back for your realm, will flash a server-wide message for all 3 realms that someone from some realm took "this keep" in "this zone."

Although our current (active mains') lowest level is 44, most of us have recently made lower lvl alts to try out casters for a change, when the rest of the guild isn't doing anything.

Our alt chars are: CapnCrunch Level 21 Spiritmaster and Stringer Level 26 Runemaster. If you're just starting up and looking for a chill non-elitist group of players to run around with, let me know if you want to group up sometime.

Also for anyone interested in seeing how end-game PvP looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKAUPv5bx3Q

Cya ingame!

ill hit you up in game if I see you on.

Arclyte 04-12-2013 11:41 AM

fuck midgard

albion 4 lyfe

Lojik 04-12-2013 01:38 PM

Ondulf 11 SM hit me up fellow noobs