Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   T99 will require FTE and Variance. (/forums/showthread.php?t=127521)

Elderan 11-09-2013 01:21 PM

T99 will require FTE and Variance.

Six months in the new server will be closer to the blue server than a pvp server.

When you have multiple guilds sitting waiting for trakanon to spawn and those guilds are the same team you will have to use FTE. Once enough of these get to level you will have to put variance in.

Just understand this will be required for T99. The thing that everyone hates most about Blue.

Eslade 11-09-2013 01:22 PM

I'm buying stock in socks.

Lowlife 11-09-2013 01:26 PM

Elderan waging ineffective propaganda campaign against teams.

everyone excited about it except tomato and elderan.

runlvlzero 11-09-2013 01:35 PM

Pity reply.

Greegon 11-09-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elderan (Post 1179000)
Six months in the new server will be closer to the blue server than a pvp server.

When you have multiple guilds sitting waiting for trakanon to spawn and those guilds are the same team you will have to use FTE. Once enough of these get to level you will have to put variance in.

Just understand this will be required for T99. The thing that everyone hates most about Blue.

stfu

big mouth chew 11-09-2013 01:35 PM

i also think teams will be shitty but i wont start a thread about it

Vexenu 11-09-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Have raid mobs spawn within a 6 hour window with a one hour advance shout. Example, Trakanon is killed, and can respawn anywhere from 72-78 hours later. If he is going to spawn at 75 hours, a global shout announces he will spawn an hour from now at 74 hours. It's basically a one hour advance batphone to everyone on the server. More dedicated guilds will be rewarded by being in a defensive position at zone lines since they can camp the entire 6 hour window, but casual players will be able to move in to attack as the window closes in the final hour. Epic PvP will result. The precise timing could be tinkered with, the main necessity here is serverwide advance shouts for all raid mobs to encourage mass PvP competition for those mobs rather than poopsocking or locking down precise mob spawn times at off-peak hours.
Source: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=120312

Frankly, I seriously doubt there will be any significant or ongoing raid mob disputes between guilds of the same faction. Guilds on the same Team have every incentive to help each other, since they need the backup when fighting the other factions.

If Evil team is FFA to itself then Evil guilds could PvP for every mob, even against other Evil guilds. This is an advantage and a disadvantage, since it gives them more freedom but weakens them internally relative to the Neut and Good teams. A hardcore endgame guild could go Evil and theoretically be guaranteed every raid mob if they win their PvP fights, but in doing so they would be fighting not just Goods and Neuts, but other Evil guilds as well. That is a precarious position to be in and one that is difficult to maintain.

Basically, with a good Teams ruleset the incentive shifts from having your single guild get every raid kill toward making sure that your TEAM gets every raid kill. Guilds are better off sharing the wealth with their allies and getting everyone on their faction as geared up as possible, since this increases the overall power of the team. Hoarding pixels within a single guild is pointless. A Teams guild would be much better off giving away epic pieces to members of other guilds rather than hoarding them in a guild bank in hopes of selling them, for example.

Lowlife 11-09-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowlife (Post 1179005)
tl;dr

waah waaah im losing my pixels

waah waah im losing my guild

waah waah i wasted countless hours

Alecta 11-09-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexenu (Post 1179029)
Frankly, I seriously doubt there will be any significant or ongoing raid mob disputes between guilds of the same faction.

Hate vs Vindictive. Black Prophecy vs Black Crown. Tides of Wrath vs. Smaller neut guilds.

It's happened in the past, but not sure it will happen with our population.

Lowlife 11-09-2013 02:09 PM

/guildwar

solved.