Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Cloth look sleeves (troll SK) (/forums/showthread.php?t=278330)

Jimjam 07-24-2017 04:16 PM

Cloth look sleeves (troll SK)

What are my options for cloth look sleeves on a troll SK?

I know about azure sleeves, but was hoping for something even better.

I always feel the troll model looks way better with huge gauntlets/bracers and arms out on display.

skarlorn 07-24-2017 05:53 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Hollowed_Bone_Bracers p sure that's cloth?

Vallanor 07-24-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarlorn (Post 2560428)

I think those are leather unfortunately.

loramin 07-24-2017 07:49 PM

I wrote a script that looks up every P99 item on Lucy then updates the wiki entry for it to add a "category" (eg. Cloth) ... but the wiki authentication stuff is a PITA so I tried making it work manually (the script would take me to the wiki page and copy the category, so all I had to do was paste it in and hit save).

But it turns out there are a lot of items, and there's just no way that approach could work, even with help. So, I plan/hope to someday make the script deal with the wiki's authentication and then just update each item automatically. Once I do that you'll be able to do something like google for "category: Shadow Knight Items, category: Cloth" (on "site:wiki.project.1999") to find all Cloth SK gear.

But for now all I have is empty promises, so I'm posting all that to help guilt myself. If this is something you'd like to see feel free to hassle/motivate me.

Jimjam 07-25-2017 02:40 AM

This would be amazing Loramin, even Allakhazam doesn't have a search by appearance ability?

maskedmelonpai 07-25-2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2560459)
I wrote a script that looks up every P99 item on Lucy then updates the wiki entry for it to add a "category" (eg. Cloth) ... but the wiki authentication stuff is a PITA so I tried making it work manually (the script would take me to the wiki page and copy the category, so all I had to do was paste it in and hit save).

But it turns out there are a lot of items, and there's just no way that approach could work, even with help. So, I plan/hope to someday make the script deal with the wiki's authentication and then just update each item automatically. Once I do that you'll be able to do something like google for "category: Shadow Knight Items, category: Cloth" (on "site:wiki.project.1999") to find all Cloth SK gear.

But for now all I have is empty promises, so I'm posting all that to help guilt myself. If this is something you'd like to see feel free to hassle/motivate me.

consider youself hassled ^^

also, how do you search specific sites with google? where the option for that?

loramin 07-25-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2560593)
This would be amazing Loramin, even Allakhazam doesn't have a search by appearance ability?

Lucy (which is the same database) has a way, but it's kind of hidden (someone here in the forum [EDIT: Pokesan] showed me how). Go to http://items.sodeq.org/advsearch.php then pick "WHERE [material] [=] [Cloth]".

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai (Post 2560627)
consider youself hassled ^^

also, how do you search specific sites with google? where the option for that?

It's easy, just add "site:urlOfSite". For instance, to search for "leather", but only on the wiki, you can google "leather site:wiki.project1999.com".

Jimjam 07-25-2017 01:19 PM

You are good posts loramin!

I'm going to work out how to fiddle around with the additional terms a bit and really refine my results!

Thank you for showing loramin this awesomeness, Pokesan!

darkreap 07-27-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarlorn (Post 2560428)

Doesn't look to be usable by SK.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Armband would have no graphic.

Cant confirm graphic but https://wiki.project1999.com/Lupine_Runed_Armband might be worth checking out

fash 07-27-2017 11:34 PM

Play eq hard mode. Go cloth armor