Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Duxa's All In One Installer Tool (/forums/showthread.php?t=28335)

Xevin 03-03-2011 12:53 AM

Yep your probably right about the texture updates. They are pretty big.

When I said "Rendered Classic Music" I meant the intro, death and two combat songs. NOT the sound font I made. I don't think many people care that much about the music like I do. The rendered music is just 4 mp3 files that are placed into the EQ directory. I think again file size might prohibit this though.

Keep up the good work. This installer is the most wonderful thing anyone has done for P99 so far IMO!

Lazortag 03-03-2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrushev (Post 231306)
Thanks for the kind words.

I am almost done with v0.2

Will add:
P99 Cartography
HQ General Sounds

Classic spell icons are already in v0.1, I will add Luclin ones and possibly others.
plus some other things are going to come in v0.2

Will NOT add:
Rendered Classic Music - this requires taking ownership etc over Windows System files. Something that is nearly impossible to do with an Installer. Users will have to do this manually. I would love to do this, but its just not very possible. Would be great if we could figure out how to achieve the same by manipulating EQ files instead of Win Sys files.

Velious Armor Textures - 2 reasons, 1) Its not velious yet and most importantly 2) The size of the file is too big for an easy portable installer.

High Res Environmental Textures - 3 reason 1) I think most people wouldnt want these especially if they are playing for old school EQ fix 2) The filesize is HUGE its upwards 700MB. 3) Its very very easy to install for anyone that really wants them, simple extract, dont need an installer.

The cartography isn't classic is it? Not that I'm trying to be nitpicky or anything, but maybe the all-in-one installer shouldn't have something non-classic.

Regardless of what you do this is amazing work. p99 has needed something like this for a long time.

nalkin 03-03-2011 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazortag (Post 231402)
The cartography isn't classic is it? Not that I'm trying to be nitpicky or anything, but maybe the all-in-one installer shouldn't have something non-classic.

/sigh

ree-ly?

Savok 03-03-2011 01:37 AM

I'm normally pretty fair when it comes to using my code, but at least try to give credit where its due and not pass it off as your own.

Chrushev 03-03-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savok (Post 231413)
I'm normally pretty fair when it comes to using my code, but at least try to give credit where its due and not pass it off as your own.

The only thing that I didnt write myself were some of the Vert UI elements. And I gave credit there.

For V0.2 I am using a small part of RopeThunder's jojo patch code. And thanks to him and credits for him are already in the pre-release build.

Everything else I wrote by hand, every line of it. Who do you feel should be credited that was not? If I missed something I will surely credit them.

Edit - just realized that you ported VertUI to Project 1999. Instead of crediting the UI as a whole as a basis for my UI, I will edit it to give you credit as well. Since as I understand it not the original creator of the UI, I will leave the thanks to the creator in there as well.

Thanks Savok :) It sure as hell made things a lot easier. Although to be fair I still had to edit almost every XML file to get to the way I had it back in 2003 :)

Chrushev 03-03-2011 11:14 PM

Version v0.2 is out :) Lotsa fixes and new features.

Enjoy!

Savok 03-04-2011 12:09 AM

Is the helm transparency fix for the classic or for the updated textures?

Uterus 03-04-2011 12:15 AM

both

Uterus 03-04-2011 12:19 AM

Please sticky this.

Shamalam 03-04-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uterus (Post 231971)
Please sticky this.

Agreed.

Thanks for all the hard work, Duxa!