Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Ban evasions.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=61025)

Lazortag 01-14-2012 10:04 PM

Ban evasions..

This isn't a big deal to me either way, but is it possible to punish players for evading bans on the forums? I don't get why someone can get a forum ban and then just make a new account to continue posting. Maybe it might be a good idea if repeated offenses on the forums could affect their accounts in game, since there's no real way to deter someone from making new accounts.
Thoughts?

JayDee 01-14-2012 10:15 PM

ocean of tears

SamwiseRed 01-14-2012 10:30 PM

forum account should be linked to ingame account and problem will be solved. although i know that is easier said than done.

Darwoth 01-14-2012 10:32 PM

not surprising that uthgaard agrees with the communist, if folks were not tonguetied by unnecessary moderation not many folks would be banned and the issue would be moot.

if someone is not flooding the boards or posting pictures of whores eating turds i dont see much need for rules on what someone can say.

heartbrand 01-14-2012 10:36 PM

If rnf posts were kept to rnf it wouldn't be an issue but as it stands people like cast are spamming every forum which is particularly annoying in people's trade threads.

xblade724 01-14-2012 10:38 PM

"until they break rules, let our loyal followers deal with them. they usually make themselves look stupid. "

Yep usually happens and solves the problem np. Don't let things get to u guys. u mad at internetz?

tsaC 01-14-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartbrand (Post 523712)
If rnf posts were kept to rnf it wouldn't be an issue but as it stands people like cast are spamming every forum which is particularly annoying in people's trade threads.

http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imag...7341571-14.jpg

Lazortag 01-14-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darwoth (Post 523708)
not surprising that uthgaard agrees with the communist, if folks were not tonguetied by unnecessary moderation not many folks would be banned and the issue would be moot.

if someone is not flooding the boards or posting pictures of whores eating turds i dont see much need for rules on what someone can say.

...Communist? What?

Let me give you all an example. A while back my guild's recruitment thread was flooded by some really NSFW pictures of mutilated bodies, as well as some racist comments (like calling africans "savages", etc.). The person's forum account was banned and the next day they just made a new one. There was essentially no punishment for them.

This thread has nothing to do with over-moderation. I'm not PC or anything and I rarely call for someone to get banned from the forums. I think it should take a lot to receive a forum ban.

Cwall 01-15-2012 12:08 AM

to add to that, you can be damn sure i'm going to evade a ban over something like that

Lazortag 01-15-2012 12:16 AM

This thread isn't for you to bitch about how unfair it is that someone banned you. I don't have an opinion on whether saying the word "faggot" is an okay reason to ban someone; that's not my concern. I'm saying that presently there's no real punishment for people who evade bans when the bans were legitimate.