Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Archeage... I can see it now..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=160797)

Genedin 08-08-2014 12:16 PM

Archeage... I can see it now.....

http://i.imgur.com/ALiNyN5.jpg

Cheesypoof 08-08-2014 12:17 PM

lol

Jib 08-08-2014 12:17 PM

lol why am i on the back

Cheesypoof 08-08-2014 12:22 PM

Genedin likes being spooned. At least you're not the horse.

Swish 08-08-2014 12:33 PM

Enjoy PvPing to this

Their bodies aren't ready for real pvp, surely?

Genedin 08-08-2014 12:35 PM

My buddy got the alpha because he likes to waste money.Getting his info this evening will report back.

Swish 08-08-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genedin (Post 1568258)
My buddy got the alpha because he likes to waste money.Getting his info this evening will report back.

Yeah I saw some alpha footage on Twitch, looked okay... be good to have more info on it.

Syft 2.0 08-08-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1568275)
Yeah I saw some alpha footage on Twitch, looked okay... be good to have more info on it.

I can give a quick rundown...

You start as two factions much like WoW, each with multiple races. Each race has their own unique mounts but any race can travel to their lands to purchase them. You choose between 3 different skillsets to make a class. For Example if you choose Archery, Shadowplay, and Vitalism , you would be a ranger. You could choose to be more a healer ranger or DPS ranger depending on the skills you choose down the tree. No two Rangers would be the same unless they copied each other's skill tree's. It's also pretty damned balanced not allot of super OP builds or exploits I found in character design.

You gain honor for killing members of the opposing faction that lets you purchase gear.

Unlike WoW you can kill members of your own Faction. Killing Factions members and stealing crops is considered a crime. Their is even an entire tradeskill devoted to stealing other crops called Larceny. If you steal or kill too much you you go to court your next pvp death.

Once at court you can plead guilty for a reduced sentence or ask for trial. If you ask for trail they randomly select 5 players that have been selected for Jury Duty to decide your fate. If found guilty you could be charged with up to 20 hours jail time.

Once in jail you can talk to other inmates or...break out. It takes alil while to escape because you have to the find the key.

If you steal or slay your own faction members too much you become a Pirate. Once a Pirate you are no longer welcome on the mainland and only find refuge at pirate island. The upside is everyone not a pirate now gives you honor pts and you gear much faster through pvp as the entire world is now a free target. And you no longer gain crime pts for killing anyone.

Their are instanced dungeons you can gear off. World Raid mobs that drop gear, and Tradeskill gear.

Not_Kazowi 08-08-2014 01:05 PM

Is it a huge time sink or can you start pvping soon

Syft 2.0 08-08-2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi (Post 1568296)
Is it a huge time sink or can you start pvping soon

Not a time sink at all, you can lvl fast as shit in this game. Even at midrange you can start pvping just go into non safezones to lvl and you'll find pvp.

Tradeskills are a time sink and extremely expensive to lvl up, but they give some of the best gear in the game, as well as allow you to construct different things for houses and farms as well as boats and galleons.

Every Character is given a Glider, Rowboat, and Mount by following their quest line as a newb. Unlike Wow these things do not equal an escape other players can murder your horse knock you out of the air on your glider or destroy your boat.