Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   good news (/forums/showthread.php?t=429753)

Bboboo 03-11-2024 09:58 AM

good news

the next tlp server is rumored to be pvp

so maybe consider it?

pal

WhodinaNameless 03-11-2024 10:42 AM

I just started 3 weeks ago ...since 08.. and I em pleasantly surprised at the number of people around and in zones... I would love more.. who wouldn't... I would live to see green and blue merged.. qnd would love maybe once a month a double exp loot week.. hard starting from nothing..ither way it's fun and addicting like how I remeber it back in 99

magnetaress 03-11-2024 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bboboo (Post 3678159)
pvp

Pras ct

BigChief 03-11-2024 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bboboo (Post 3678159)
the next tlp server is rumored to be pvp

so maybe consider it?

Nobody plays EQ pvp, because it is terrible

pal

Ciderpress 03-12-2024 12:20 PM

The pvp servers in classic were actually very highly populated, even into luclin. There were actually multiple pvp servers with different rulesets and they were all populated nicely. Why did people like eq pvp then and not now?

Bboboo 03-12-2024 02:41 PM

standards changed

Ciderpress 03-12-2024 03:29 PM

I think it's just the "I don't wanna be the first guy" syndrome. Red has a low pop on the server list so people don't want to roll on red. It's low population unfairly broadcasts some quality about the ruleset that isn't necessarily true, so it becomes a feedback loop of people not rolling.

It's like social media. Nobody wants to be the first person to like a post, regardless of the content of the post, but they are horny as hell to be the 38th person to like something which has been safely sanctioned by the herd as a safe thing to like.

magnetaress 03-12-2024 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciderpress (Post 3678310)
I think it's just the "I don't wanna be the first guy" syndrome. Red has a low pop on the server list so people don't want to roll on red. It's low population unfairly broadcasts some quality about the ruleset that isn't necessarily true, so it becomes a feedback loop of people not rolling.

It's like social media. Nobody wants to be the first person to like a post, regardless of the content of the post, but they are horny as hell to be the 38th person to like something which has been safely sanctioned by the herd as a safe thing to like.

Trexller 03-12-2024 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciderpress (Post 3678300)
The pvp servers in classic were actually very highly populated, even into luclin. There were actually multiple pvp servers with different rulesets and they were all populated nicely. Why did people like eq pvp then and not now?

those servers had many QOL features that p99 lacks

PVP mechanics worked right on those servers

PVP mechanics would work right on P99, if someone felt like putting time into it

P99 got PVE mechanics to an "acceptable" level and called it a day

zelld52 03-14-2024 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ciderpress (Post 3678310)

My trouble is sticking around when there's nobody to group with.

Luckily I rolled on green during its heyday, and was able to make dozens of friends. Join large guilds, raid consistently, all that jazz before it became Blue 2.0, with the same people doing the same raids for 2.5 years now (coming up on 3 since Green velious).

But this means I'm afforded things that help with low population mid-level EXPing in the current meta. (Twink gear, plat for ports, etc)

What is there to do on red but play a solo class? especially if none of your friends want to either a) play EQ p99 ever again, or b) don't want to leave blue/green where all their plat/gear is.