Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mage or Necro for farming Droga (/forums/showthread.php?t=430410)

Vanessa 04-10-2024 03:45 AM

Mage or Necro for farming Droga

If I am looking to farm Droga for skins / vendor loot etc. which class would be better for that? Mage or Necro?

Assuming both are lvl 50-55, would there be much of a difference between them?

Silverback 04-10-2024 07:19 AM

I like necro in dungeon where fd really matters if too many adds. Plus much better effective mana regen

Toxigen 04-10-2024 08:22 AM

prob necro but i just hate mages

PatChapp 04-10-2024 08:25 AM

Mage but at 57 not 55. Pets better than necro and you don't need to do anything but swap it out at low health

cd288 04-10-2024 10:03 AM

Personally I would go Necro even if the mage pets are better. You're higher level than the content you're farming, but as a caster a few adds of those guys could still end up being risky for you in a bad situation. Useful to have FD as an option as well as other CC options.

PatChapp 04-10-2024 10:05 AM

You have to try to die in droga at 55+. Everything single pulls. Mage isn't good for much but they are the best for this

Daddypig 04-11-2024 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatChapp (Post 3681269)
You have to try to die in droga at 55+. Everything single pulls. Mage isn't good for much but they are the best for this

I hear a lot of people saying this, that when it comes to grinding through green mobs 10 levels or so under you, then Mage is best over Necro for that.
But when I look at the difference in stats on the pets between the 2 classes, I really don't see much difference that would cause Mage pets to tear through mobs much faster than Necro pets.

For example, if you take a 50 Mage and 50 Necro and look at their 49 pets.

Necro - Lvl 41, 2300hp, 55dmg, 24 kick/bash, 42 lifetap proc.
Mage Water - Lvl 41, 2600hp, 56dmg, 25 kick/bash, 42 nuke proc.

So the main difference between is 300hp, 1 top end dmg, 1 kick dmg.
Also both of the Burnout and Augment line give the same 55% haste to pets.

I know some people will argue that you can chain Mage pets easier because the mana cost caps at 200. But thats only for the classic pets up to lvl 49, Kunark ones are like 400+.

Also I understand the damage shield is pretty solid as well and adds quite a bit of dps. But in that same case, would just throwing a single life tap on each mob nearly make up the difference of the dmg shield?

And as a Necro you have crazy good mana regen, so throwing 1 lifetap nuke on each mob isn't that big of a deal. You also have root, fear, mez, and FD for safety.

Like the total toolkit that a Necro gets compared to Mage is objectively much better. But I've always heard that the Mage pets out perform Necro pets by quite and bit, which is why their toolkit isnt as strong as Necro.

But I just don't see what makes the pets so much stronger?
Am I missing or overlooking something?

Jimjam 04-11-2024 08:04 AM

Don’t take this from mages, it is all they have beside coth.

Toxigen 04-11-2024 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daddypig (Post 3681359)
I hear a lot of people saying this, that when it comes to grinding through green mobs 10 levels or so under you, then Mage is best over Necro for that.
But when I look at the difference in stats on the pets between the 2 classes, I really don't see much difference that would cause Mage pets to tear through mobs much faster than Necro pets.

For example, if you take a 50 Mage and 50 Necro and look at their 49 pets.

Necro - Lvl 41, 2300hp, 55dmg, 24 kick/bash, 42 lifetap proc.
Mage Water - Lvl 41, 2600hp, 56dmg, 25 kick/bash, 42 nuke proc.

So the main difference between is 300hp, 1 top end dmg, 1 kick dmg.
Also both of the Burnout and Augment line give the same 55% haste to pets.

I know some people will argue that you can chain Mage pets easier because the mana cost caps at 200. But thats only for the classic pets up to lvl 49, Kunark ones are like 400+.

Also I understand the damage shield is pretty solid as well and adds quite a bit of dps. But in that same case, would just throwing a single life tap on each mob nearly make up the difference of the dmg shield?

And as a Necro you have crazy good mana regen, so throwing 1 lifetap nuke on each mob isn't that big of a deal. You also have root, fear, mez, and FD for safety.

Like the total toolkit that a Necro gets compared to Mage is objectively much better. But I've always heard that the Mage pets out perform Necro pets by quite and bit, which is why their toolkit isnt as strong as Necro.

But I just don't see what makes the pets so much stronger?
Am I missing or overlooking something?

its all in the damage shields

Vaarsuvius 04-11-2024 09:06 AM

50-55 I would pick necro, but at 60 I would probably go mage.

I either use a mage with focused air pet & clicky SS robe for a free 25DS (or 33DS with Cadeau of Flame), or necro with Emissary of Thule + duck staff but I could not tell which one is better...

Air pet is great to interrupt casters in Droga, the only thing I do is get rid of those annoying DS on pull, but EoT is more solid if you get 3+ mobs on your pet.