Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Patch Notes: December 3rd, 2014 (/forums/showthread.php?t=173389)

Rogean 12-03-2014 06:14 AM

Patch Notes: December 3rd, 2014

Code
  • Haynar: Removed adjusting gamma until after display is initialized.
  • Haynar: Adjusted damage done by critical hits (lowered the damage multipliers).
  • Haynar: Adjusted minimum damage for critical hits. It was too low for low damage/low delay weapons.
  • Haynar: Fix for bard songs.
  • Haynar: Fix for some mobs being unslowable.
  • Haynar: Fixed MobAI where engaged mobs get rebuffed over and over.
  • Haynar: Fixed AE stuns to allow better CC of NPCs. Kept stun lock prevention of PCs.
  • Haynar: Added additional checks for handing items to charmed pets.
  • Haynar: Added to PvPResistSpell() resist caps for CC type spells.

Amontillado 12-03-2014 06:41 AM

Gamma is so bad, and not even close to classic... does this even get tested before implementation?

UI should not be affected.
Middle of daytime all races should be able to see well outdoors(most zones).
Nighttime and dungeons, Infravision and Ultravision should work well.

So so so so so so wrong.

<Suggestions to fix gamma correctly>
1. Put gamma back the way it was a month ago(Adjusting the game gamma is not the right way)
2. Adjust the way the different visions work. (Normal / Infra / Serpent / Ultra)

(We all know classic EQ was much darker... I imagine the p1999 devs don't actually know what is was supposed to be, you guys are too young! haha)

username17 12-03-2014 06:49 AM

Win EQ2 has an option to prevent the EQ Client from affecting the Gamma level on your entire computer. That might be helpful for people still having issues.

chaser95 12-03-2014 06:54 AM

Lol can not even tell what robe my necro is wearing now from character selection screen way to go =/

Latege 12-03-2014 06:58 AM

The only thing this changed about the gamma is now the loading screen takes your gamma into consideration and becomes brighter if you have it set really high, but as soon as character select loads it reverts back to being super dark even at 100%, and doesn't change when you enter the game.

Nefarum 12-03-2014 07:11 AM

This gamma change is still SO BRUTAL and awful. All that's changed now is it's lighter in the loading screen, but by character select it's basically unplayable it's so dark. I can barely see anything, and I'm a Dark Elf. This is way way way worse than classic EQ ever was.

Not to mention this makes all my other windows dark, which messes with me doing other things on my computer.

This is not how this should be implemented, this is a total hack. EQ should not make our entire computers so dark. Not to mention everyone is just going to use third party tools to get around it.

If this can't be implemented in a better way it should just be removed completely, it's not worth it.

Rogean 12-03-2014 07:21 AM

We are discussing the Gamma settings internally, It may not be final yet.

Shutt 12-03-2014 07:25 AM

Game bugs

If this is not where I post game issues with the new patch let me know, but I don't have merchants or bankers in game now on red. Is this an issue anyone else is experiencing?

Latege 12-03-2014 07:27 AM

All the mobs are there but invisible until they move. So you have to aggro any mob you want to see, pathing mobs are unaffected as they move on their own. I fixed the NFP bank if anyone needs to bank.

Shutt 12-03-2014 07:33 AM

Game Bugs II

If I send a tell it doesn't pop up in my chat window as if it was never sent, and I get no replies from those I have sent tells too. I also have no /ooc chat as a form of world chat it seems. Was /ooc fixed, didn't see anything about it in the patch notes? Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?