Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   EQ Lite Client Guide [Auto-Script or Manually] (/forums/showthread.php?t=7186)

FatMagic 06-30-2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimjaw (Post 1921257)
^ you can add the line DISKPART CLEAN ALL to free up even more space.

http://i.imgur.com/F3V9WY2.gif

FatMagic 06-30-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. P (Post 1920748)
Nice, thanks for the script. :)

However, I had to change:
Code:

cd E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest
to
Code:

cd /d E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest
for this script to work. Otherwise it would not find any files to copy. I believe that change would solve the issue some people has been experiencing. The "/d" flag would only be necessary in cases where the folder resides in another drive than the current working directory is. But it can be used in cases where the folder is one the same drive as well. I.e. it's a win-win. :)

Also, if I would have had my wits about me before I ran this script and deleted my old EQ folder I would have also added this line to the script after the line above:
Code:

for /f %%i in ('dir /b ^| findstr /i ".*.ini$"') do (
        xcopy %%i "%eqlite_dir%"
)

Then I would not have lost my settings (*.ini files). Shame on me.

Thanks Mr.P! I'll make the copy directory/drive change... I like a win-win. I assume the 2nd bit of code just preserves the Player Settings INI file, correct? If so I will include it as well. Thanks!

mr. P 07-01-2015 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatMagic (Post 1957897)
Thanks Mr.P! I'll make the copy directory/drive change... I like a win-win. I assume the 2nd bit of code just preserves the Player Settings INI file, correct? If so I will include it as well. Thanks!

It will copy any file ending with .ini. For instance; eqclient.ini.

You could just change it to:
Code:

for /f %%i in ('dir /b ^| findstr /i ".*project1999.ini$"') do (
        xcopy %%i "%eqlite_dir%"
)

That would only copy the character specific ini files for that particular server. I do think that copying all ini files should be OK though. :)

eqgmrdbz 07-27-2015 07:16 AM

Confirming that the batch file is working, you need to run it outside the Everquest directory, and make sure to edit the batch file by adding /d before the location of your install. From 4 gigs down to 1.4 sweet, thanks OP and all the peeps in the forums especially mr.p for his solution to the problem.

jcr4990 09-02-2015 04:53 AM

Can I get confirmation that this doesn't remove any files needed for Velious zones/textures or anything like that? Not sure if its been updated post-Velious or not. Last change log date I see is 03/09/2014. Trying to cut down my P99 folder to try out a Ramdisk.

FatMagic 09-02-2015 08:40 AM

Hi JCR - My script keeps all Velious files. It has since I created this script! (in anticipation of Velious being released).

Cheers!

gildor 12-22-2016 09:47 AM

Does the manual work also include everything needed for velious?

Thanks

FatMagic 12-22-2016 10:40 AM

Yes, it should include everything for Velious (unless the P99 staff has added or kept additional zones that I'm not aware of).

brknglss 01-02-2017 11:19 AM

Maybe someone can provide some insight:

I'm trying to get this to work, but I'm on a mac running eq through wineskin.

Since my actual path is

macintoshHD>users>me>desktop>eq>contents>resources >drive_c>Program Files>Sony<EverQuest

I've dropped the .bat file into drive_c

Now I open up my terminal, navigate to the drive_c and try ./eqlite.bat and I'm stuck

It won't copy everything as it's not recognizing the path specified in the .bat file which looks like this:

cd\
set eqlite_dir=c:\EQLite
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd drive_c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

I've also tried

cd\
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd drive_c\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

cd\
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

with no luck, any ideas?

Gamkek 08-01-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brknglss (Post 2434908)
Maybe someone can provide some insight:

I'm trying to get this to work, but I'm on a mac running eq through wineskin.

Since my actual path is

macintoshHD>users>me>desktop>eq>contents>resources >drive_c>Program Files>Sony<EverQuest

I've dropped the .bat file into drive_c

Now I open up my terminal, navigate to the drive_c and try ./eqlite.bat and I'm stuck

It won't copy everything as it's not recognizing the path specified in the .bat file which looks like this:

cd\
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd drive_c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

I've also tried

cd\
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd drive_c\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

cd\
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd c:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

with no luck, any ideas?

You're running this from within Wineskin, right?
If you're at a CLI in Wineskin, and you're at the root folder of the Windows installation, what do you get back when you type 'cd' and press enter?

Whatever it's returning is what your path format should look like in the batch script. Running scripts is all about system and/or user context.

So if you get back this for the root of C: in Windows:

Code:

Some_Drive:\
...then your script should look like this:

Code:

cd\
set eqlite_dir=Some_Drive:\EQLite
mkdir "%eqlite_dir%"
cd Some_Drive:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest

Note that you need to update the path to the EQ program files directory, as well as the path in the eqlite_dir variable as well.