Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Sinking in water (/forums/showthread.php?t=159012)

Ishio 07-25-2014 10:24 AM

Sinking in water

Before my computer crashed and I had to RMA my SSD, my copy of EQ allowed me to move through water as if I was on land. With the same snare effects you'd normally get, but you wouldn't sink which then caused you to have your spells interrupted.

I was asking everyone in my guild, most who deal with Kedge, if they run into this and no one has. I was wondering if I had a corrupt file, or if this is the way it should be, me sinking in water instead of being steady on all cords.

evilkorn 07-25-2014 11:14 AM

WinEQ 2 maybe? You should also try to lower your FPS and see if that helps.

Ishio 07-25-2014 01:05 PM

I've been using WinEQ 2. I had everything working in both WinEQ2 and without it. There was something about that game file that allowed me to do that.

Also same with the FPS issue, it didn't matter, but I'll give it a shot. Do you sink when you play or do you stay at your X,Y,Z coordinate?

loramin 07-25-2014 01:17 PM

The client can just be glitchy sometimes; during one session I had levitate, it wore off, but then I continued to levitate without the buff for several hours (until I eventually had to camp, and then when I camp back it was gone).

You should definitely be sinking in water, so if you didn't I'd chalk it up to a lucky glitch.

evilkorn 07-25-2014 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishio (Post 1549407)
Do you sink when you play or do you stay at your X,Y,Z coordinate?

Yep I sink a lot. I just deal with it though it doesn't really bother me too much, I just have to be sure to hide/sneak before going into the water or go to the bottom to get a good hide off.