Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Forumquest/nerdly Vernacular used IRL (/forums/showthread.php?t=277945)

Lhancelot 07-19-2017 08:53 AM

Forumquest/nerdly Vernacular used IRL

I am just curious if any of the truly immersed here ever use words, insults, or phrases IRL that they have picked up from p99 forums, or any other gaming/social media sites?

For instance, do any of you hardcore raiders call someone at work you really hate a "cuck?" What happened when you called someone a cuck?

Do any of you say, "L-O-L" IRL? or, "W-T-F" instead of saying the actual words?

What other gaming/social site words or phrases have you used IRL? Have you ever heard someone IRL use a phrase or word you only thought was on these forums or other social sites you visit?

One thing I have noticed is, if I see a random license plate with an acronym of a EQ item, I recognize it as such immediately. For example, if I see COF1001, I would think, huh, Cloak of Flames 1001 - fuck I am too immersed. :eek:

maskedmelonpai 07-19-2017 08:59 AM

i don't really speak very much, so no, but all those words definitely fly through my head is on colorful banners or sprout from the tainted soils of my mind liek rutting plants when they appropriate.

Lhancelot 07-19-2017 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai (Post 2558065)
i don't really speak very much

Why not? :(

maskedmelonpai 07-19-2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lhancelot (Post 2558067)
Why not? :(

because the words disappear when i go to speak. they all in my head, with me. when i go to speak though, they all stay there, while i am thrust uncomfortably outside.

maskedmelonpai 07-19-2017 09:19 AM

i recently discovered alcohol mitigate that though. it afford a clarity i unaccustomed to outside my head.

Lhancelot 07-19-2017 09:34 AM

Reminds me how some people think better reading out loud while others think more clearly reading to themselves.

I always read in my head, and I also follow instructions when I read stuff versus when I hear it. I imagine you too.

Also find it much easier to write my thoughts down than to speak them as I will stop and carefully map out every word before I speak it.

Muggens 07-19-2017 09:45 AM

I do remember me and some friends using EQ lingo in RL for fun during classic times. Like "she was Scowling at me, I had to zone" or "whos camping the toilet" and "me and this guy are basically Allies", "so tired Ill just go and camp out"

kotton05 07-19-2017 10:32 AM

we should all use our Brians here to think of the best terms.

Whirled 07-19-2017 10:37 AM

FTE at the water cooler or poop socking the better parking spot just doesn't have the same ring as when it actually involves EQ

skarlorn 07-19-2017 10:37 AM

Because I'm not actually an autist, I adjust my speech patterns to fit my situation. If I'm talking to a fellow nerdcore faygater, I will absolutely drop "lols" "keks" "burs" "cucks" "cringe" etc but that's pretty rare because I honestly avoid those people in my real life and have been making a habit of distancing myself from the remaining friends who are sad sack of shit nerds.