Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Duxa's All In One Installer Tool (/forums/showthread.php?t=28335)

Messianic 03-01-2011 09:28 AM

I like the original login screen, and the UI isn't bad. Was definitely better than what I was using.

Do you have any plans to have a big mana number under the big health number? That'd be pretty useful...

Chrushev 03-01-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messianic (Post 230463)
I like the original login screen, and the UI isn't bad. Was definitely better than what I was using.

Do you have any plans to have a big mana number under the big health number? That'd be pretty useful...

I definitely plan on adding features and improving existing ones. I am currently working on v0.2 :)

Droop 03-01-2011 03:08 PM

Should add the music fix?

Chrushev 03-01-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droop (Post 230592)
Should add the music fix?

that will probably be in v0.2 :)

I am working on fixing the underwater sound so that it doesn't stop after 5 seconds.

Messianic 03-01-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrushev (Post 230589)
I definitely plan on adding features and improving existing ones. I am currently working on v0.2 :)

Sweet. A sincere thanks for putting the time into this :D

azeth 03-01-2011 08:42 PM

For some reason I can't move my buff list, strangest thing.

maegi 03-01-2011 09:01 PM

Great job on this Chrushev, one thing though...when you get hit with bad things like heat blood or have a buff etc...I"m not seeing them display?

Chrushev 03-01-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeth (Post 230726)
For some reason I can't move my buff list, strangest thing.

make sure the window is not locked and drag it by using the blank space on the left. The window itself is actually quite big, its just transparent.. here is a screenshot for reference.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...EQbuffWind.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by maegi (Post 230738)
Great job on this Chrushev, one thing though...when you get hit with bad things like heat blood or have a buff etc...I"m not seeing them display?

Are you sure the debuff stuck? I casted a Snare on myself and it showed up. Do you see the big long buff window? Should be numbered 1 through 15?

Try hitting ALT + B (default buttons, maybe something else if you rebound them) that will Hide/Show the buff/debuff window. Perhaps you dont have that enabled?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...uffcheck01.png

Xevin 03-02-2011 06:22 PM

Things to add:
High Res Environment Textures
SoV Armor Textures
P99 Cartography
Rendered Classic Music
High Quality General Sounds
Classic/Luclin Spell Icons

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrushev (Post 230598)
that will probably be in v0.2 :)

I am working on fixing the underwater sound so that it doesn't stop after 5 seconds.

If you find a fix for this one, let me know how you fixed it.

Also forgot to say it, but awesome work man. This will be an HUGE help for new players getting into P99. I love it when members of a community step up and do something amazing like this.

Chrushev 03-02-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xevin (Post 231225)
Things to add:
High Res Environment Textures
SoV Armor Textures
P99 Cartography
Rendered Classic Music
High Quality General Sounds
Classic/Luclin Spell Icons

If you find a fix for this one, let me know how you fixed it.

Also forgot to say it, but awesome work man. This will be an HUGE help for new players getting into P99. I love it when members of a community step up and do something amazing like this.

Thanks for the kind words.

I am almost done with v0.2

Will add:
P99 Cartography
HQ General Sounds

Classic spell icons are already in v0.1, I will add Luclin ones and possibly others.
plus some other things are going to come in v0.2

Will NOT add:
Rendered Classic Music - this requires taking ownership etc over Windows System files. Something that is nearly impossible to do with an Installer. Users will have to do this manually. I would love to do this, but its just not very possible. Would be great if we could figure out how to achieve the same by manipulating EQ files instead of Win Sys files.

Velious Armor Textures - 2 reasons, 1) Its not velious yet and most importantly 2) The size of the file is too big for an easy portable installer.

High Res Environmental Textures - 3 reason 1) I think most people wouldnt want these especially if they are playing for old school EQ fix 2) The filesize is HUGE its upwards 700MB. 3) Its very very easy to install for anyone that really wants them, simple extract, dont need an installer.