Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   An end to RMT? (/forums/showthread.php?t=137671)

eisenfaust 01-31-2014 06:38 PM

An end to RMT?

If you set up a transaction with RMT'r, don't accept the money or items, report the character they are using and get them banned. Could this work? I know most likely you would lose money, or risked being banned, but I am almost considering taking one for the team here.

Naerron 01-31-2014 06:48 PM

Looking for an excuse if you get caught?

Thulack 01-31-2014 06:51 PM

All they can do is ban accounts and IP addresses. IP addresses mean basically nothing so if the person has plat spread across accounts it might make a dent but not get rid of it.

baalzy 01-31-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenfaust (Post 1299989)
If you set up a transaction with RMT'r, don't accept the money or items, report the character they are using and get them banned. Could this work? I know most likely you would lose money, or risked being banned, but I am almost considering taking one for the team here.

The real trick would be to sell a large sum to platlord, immediately move the money out of paypal, then inform the GMs so they can ban the account.

Conversely, you could buy a bunch from him, report it to the GMs then issue a chargeback through paypal and say you never received the goods. Paypal doesn't give a damn about sales of virtual items and will tell the merchant to piss off and give you your money back (most likely).

I do not endorse either of these actions nor do I claim they are without repercussions of any kind.

dre 01-31-2014 07:13 PM

Bro, the new way is to RMT DKP, then use the DKP to buy items.

Bloomin Onions -> DKP -> Loot

That's how we do it on red99

Nizzar got a computer bought for him in exchange for DKP which was used for loot.

eisenfaust 01-31-2014 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thulack (Post 1300012)
All they can do is ban accounts and IP addresses. IP addresses mean basically nothing so if the person has plat spread across accounts it might make a dent but not get rid of it.

Every little bit helps right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naerron (Post 1300006)
Looking for an excuse if you get caught?

You should not be so quick to point fingers, it makes you look guilty of something.

Thulack 01-31-2014 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eisenfaust (Post 1300038)
Every little bit helps right?

You should not be so quick to point fingers, it makes you look guilty of something.

Well pretty sure Gm's dont endorse sting operations. So go at your own risk. Dont be suprised if your accounts end up perm banned too. And your not gonna get a cookie or anything. If someone has approached you about RMT you can /report and petition and then they can go from there.

Derubael 01-31-2014 07:27 PM

Please do NOT, I repeat DO NOT try to set up your own RMT sting operations.

As always, if you have information regarding RMT activity please report this via the petition forum or by sending me a PM.

Tiggles 01-31-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dre (Post 1300037)
Bro, the new way is to RMT DKP, then use the DKP to buy items.

Bloomin Onions -> DKP -> Loot

That's how we do it on red99

Nizzar got a computer bought for him in exchange for DKP which was used for loot.

I prefer Magic:The Gathering boxes for Crowns of Rile

eisenfaust 01-31-2014 07:42 PM

At what point does RMT become a ban? If I never accepted any items or money I do not see the problem in this. Also if paypal were to refund me every time then its win win?