Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Miscellaneous: Wiki not loading. (/forums/showthread.php?t=259036)

Herpa Derp 11-29-2016 05:55 PM

Wiki not loading.

I have been having trouble on the Wiki trying to get certain pages to load while in the equipment section. When I choose filters such as which slot or class, the page doesn't load. I've checked it with a few others, some work while others don't. An example is equipment by slot > Secondary > Secondary Shadowknight > page loads blank.

I've had other people check to make sure it wasn't something with my isp as well. Also, with it being a wiki and therefore editable by the layman, I don't know if this is something we as users could fix or if it's something wrong with the website coding etc.

If this needs to go somewhere else, please move it at your discretion.

The pages I've found that don't load are: Equipment>SK>Secondary, Equipment>SK>Primary, and a few others I can't remember. It seems mostly relegated to the primary/secondary for a few classes.

Thank you for your time!

Gumbo 11-29-2016 06:13 PM

If the page is loading blank then the page is just like a placeholder and doesn't contain any information.

Herpa Derp 11-29-2016 06:47 PM

I'm getting a HTTP error 500 on Chrome. I've been to that page before to look up shields, it's just not loading this time for some reason. Maybe I'm thinking of something else and it hasn't been made yet though. I hope it exists.

Rygar 11-30-2016 12:15 AM

The wiki is not managed by the project 1999 staff, so they can't do anything about it. Sorry, but please move this thread to resolved.

eisley 11-30-2016 07:16 AM

try Technical Support forum

paulgiamatti 11-30-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rygar (Post 2413166)
The wiki is not managed by the project 1999 staff, so they can't do anything about it. Sorry, but please move this thread to resolved.

The wiki content isn't managed/maintained by the P99 staff, but like project1999.com it is hosted by the P99 staff, therefore this seems to me the appropriate forum and prefix being that it's an issue related to the servers. Technical Discussion is more of a generic forum for problems that aren't obviously specific to server/site functionality - this seems to be pretty obvious, since everyone is getting the same 404 error when it tries to handle a new submission.

Pretty sure the only one with the ability to look into it is Rogean, though.

Tupakk 11-30-2016 02:46 PM

To be on the safe side clear your cache and cookies. See if that gets you past the 500 error

Rygar 11-30-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulgiamatti (Post 2413466)
The wiki content isn't managed/maintained by the P99 staff, but like project1999.com it is hosted by the P99 staff, therefore this seems to me the appropriate forum and prefix being that it's an issue related to the servers. Technical Discussion is more of a generic forum for problems that aren't obviously specific to server/site functionality - this seems to be pretty obvious, since everyone is getting the same 404 error when it tries to handle a new submission.

Pretty sure the only one with the ability to look into it is Rogean, though.

Well I'll be a scrawny rat... apologies for the misinformation OP.

maximum 11-30-2016 03:08 PM

I doubt this is a server issue.

It looks like http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:...ndary/AllItems URL is wonky. It is likely a human accidentally broke it while editing the P99 Wiki. That means a wiki user can fix it.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Special:ClassSlotEquip seems to be working fine. We need someone with markdown and MediaWiki experience to administrate that site. Ravhin used to be the god admin, but he is retired. I'll give it a shot to fix the SK crap.

Bonus note: the MediaWiki version is incredibly out of date. I think PHP needs to be upgraded to get us the version that Wikipedia is using.

Erati 11-30-2016 07:05 PM

Paladin secondary in fact most melee "secondary" equipment lists dont work

its literally impossible to compare shields