Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   is there any project for EQOA? (/forums/showthread.php?t=186511)

Fistorm 03-23-2015 07:34 PM

is there any project for EQOA?

EQOA was my first MMO and I was hoping maybe these people are doing an EQOA project as well, I would so much like to just log into my old mmo world again.

I know SOE has failed us so much and there are probably many other games that could use a project1999 on them.

Anyone know where I can find an emulator or a project like this for EQOA as well?

LordRayken 03-25-2015 01:32 AM

I think it's fairly impossible to do, last I checked.

Darksinga 03-25-2015 05:54 AM

Believe their trying to recreate entire game
Eqoarevival.com and there's a fb page called Save EQOA.

Never played it personally but I'd try it if the project got up and running which is supposedly a stretch. I believe all they have ATM is the world so they can load in but there's no NPCs/anything

khanable 03-25-2015 06:44 AM

one is in the works but it's still in its infancy

give it a few years (if the devs hold interest) and we may see something tangible

Millburn 03-25-2015 08:45 AM

The facebook group is actually EQOA:Revival (located at https://www.facebook.com/groups/445149928880146/) not the Save EQOA group. The people there are really dedicated to bringing the game back up and running. There's a ton of youtube videos showing their progress but you have to fish for them on the facebook group because they're all unlisted and you need the links to find them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a playable version this year, that's just how fast the progress has been coming. It's going to be fun to be able to play a private server on my actual PS2

Nune 03-27-2015 09:02 PM

will dust off the ps2 for this. Alchemist was such a fun class

Tasslehofp99 03-27-2015 09:27 PM

Never played it; might be curious enough to try and find my ps2 to give it a try.

Think you can even find a copy for sale online anywhere?

Millburn 03-28-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 (Post 1836612)
Never played it; might be curious enough to try and find my ps2 to give it a try.

Think you can even find a copy for sale online anywhere?

As far as I understand, you won't actually need a copy of the game. Not sure exactly how that works but each time that question comes up on the facebook the response is that you'll just need to point the network adapter on your ps2 to the right server. Don't hold me to that though because I don't understand how that works lol.