Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Melee is bugged and no longer works (/forums/showthread.php?t=429596)

Mazoku 03-04-2024 10:46 PM

Melee is bugged and no longer works

I am a porter and I use the Overthere hammer often. However, the client/server is bugging out and DOES NOT accept my XYZ vertex no matter what. I have tried rebooting, restarting the client and nothing seems to work.

Here is what happens:

I pull out my OT hammer and go to attack a mob. No matter how close I am it says, "Your target is too far away, get closer!". Earlier it randomly stopped doing this and worked ONE time. Since then my hammer is locking me out of being able to hit anything.

Update: It is ALL weapons! No melee works at all for me. My melee alts have NO problem. It is just my main porter that is seemingly permanently bugged.

How do I fix this?? It is ruining my ability to port effectively.

Second update: The ONLY fix has been to reboot and now I just have to push Escape key to reset mob targeting. This is frustrating and strange.

Mazoku 03-04-2024 11:21 PM

Third update: After troubleshooting it appears my default Velious UI has corrupted with NO CHANGES. I will use another UI to avoid this character breaking bug.

Jimjam 03-05-2024 01:51 AM

Are you a hotkey which includes /tar which is accidentally getting pressed (maybe bound to a movement key?)

Solist 03-05-2024 08:26 AM

You’re trying to target something.

Bugs out.

Stop doing that and no problem.

Jimjam 03-05-2024 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 3677431)
Are you a hotkey which includes /tar which is accidentally getting pressed (maybe bound to a movement key?)

A valiant effort to help before 6AM before coffee.

I meant to ask “are you *pressing* a hotkey which includes /target. As pointed out above, if it is directed at an invalid target it makes your autoattack go sad.