Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Project 1999 - life after Velious? (/forums/showthread.php?t=29937)

Bunny Mage 03-20-2011 08:18 PM

Project 1999 - life after Velious?

I've looked around the forum but I haven't been able to find much info... What are the plans for the future of the server after Velious is released?

I know that there are no ambitions to release any other post-Luclin expansions, but at the same time the fact of the matter is that any MMO, no matter how good or bad, gets stale and dies unless new content is released. Will the Proejct 1999 server be instituting any new content after Velious? Or will the server just simply try to hang on as long as it can before people get bored and the population fades away?

Granted this is still a ways off since it will probably be at least a year until Velious comes out. But I hate to think that the server as a whole will have such a limited life span.

Lazortag 03-20-2011 08:23 PM

This isn't a really big concern. It takes a *really* long time for you to experience everything original EQ has to offer (realize that once you've fully geared up one character after you've leveled it to 60, there's still other classes/races etc..) If you ever get totally bored of project 1999, that's not really such a bad thing. Old RPG's like FF6 only lasted 25-35 hours on average. It probably takes around 2500-3500 hours to go through everything worthwhile in classic eq up to velious.

Rejuvenation 03-20-2011 08:35 PM

People still play EQMac.

DevGrousis 03-20-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rejuvenation (Post 241315)
People still play EQMac.

EQ Mac has xpacs up to PoP right?

He is right, it will eventually fade away, but that is a LOONNNGGGGGG time away lol it'll be another year or so before Velius is even released. For all we know, the server might not even be here for that long anyways. Just enjoy this for now :D

Willford Brimley 03-20-2011 08:50 PM

You have no idea how much content there is in just the classic trilogy.

There will always be plenty to do.

garyogburn 03-20-2011 09:11 PM

I personally loved Luclin. I hold some small hope the GMs will release it here, but I know its been said theres no chance. I think Luclin brought alot to the table for eq, and I dont see how anything it introduced hurt the game.

We shall see!

Noxious 03-20-2011 09:46 PM

It would be cool if they (Way down the road) took a crack at retooling Luclin, making it what it SHOULD have been,etc.

Remove the negatives like Bazaar, etc.

Chrushev 03-20-2011 09:49 PM

I think everything until (and including) POP was fine. I imagine eventually luclin will be released, there will probably just be a huge delay between velious and luclin, like 2016 or something :)

Either that or just a reboot of the server, start from zero again with all the things they had to fix as we go already in place at reboot.

I doubt devs know at this point whats going to happen, its too far away to not need to worry about it. There are much more important things to worry about.

Yiblaan 03-20-2011 10:29 PM

Honestly like maybe a year after velious if the dev team wants to, they release a ghost server like kunark beta and go thru pop for those who want to and use a /command to put ur char there

shuklak 03-20-2011 11:23 PM

I see now that Kunark is almost released we need to feed on the next release lol...

EQ developers did something right! $$$