Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Possible to make plugging =YT and death? (/forums/showthread.php?t=179536)

Bodybagger 01-28-2015 04:43 PM

Possible to make plugging =YT and death?

Just curious if in any realm it would be possible for plugging to get you death and YT? I fee like it'd make PVP a let less lame and resolve a lot of forumquesting via actual pvp... and it doesn't really effect anyone negatively... so if possible to implement I don't see how it couldn't be a good thing? :confused:

Not sure exactly how you could implement it though, but I'd imagine you could see a way connection is terminated client side and just DT on zone in or something? Not sure... just curious.

Rekrul 01-28-2015 05:08 PM

Could make it a different message, and not death, fled like a cowardly dog or something, just so ooc can judge you.

Jib 01-28-2015 05:10 PM

you just need to simply learn that in order to secure a kill you need to do what is required to bring their hp to zero before they have enough time to plug at the zl.

there are many ways to make this happen.

welcome to eq pvp

Infectious 01-28-2015 05:12 PM

Ya but someone could exploit like this. Bard runs up, hits with skipping stone and runs away. In huge outdoor zone he forces you to not leave until he is dead.
Plugging is classic. Lets get velious going

Rekrul 01-28-2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jib (Post 1761849)
you just need to simply learn that in order to secure a kill you need to do what is required to bring their hp to zero before they have enough time to plug at the zl.

there are many ways to make this happen.

welcome to eq pvp

this is the reality, but it would be more fun if it wasnt. zl hugging/plugging is lame

Kimm Bare|y 01-28-2015 06:46 PM

You could try not hanging out near a zone line.

Tassador 01-28-2015 06:50 PM

Yea remove plugging and zoning but keep gates and ports up.

chrystianvz 01-28-2015 07:05 PM

Welcome to EQ pvp. If I have an out, I'm not dying just for some honor bullshit. I'm getting out and recovering later. Especially in far off zones. A naked run to some far off zone if no rez is viable takes a huge chunk out of play time.

chrystianvz 01-28-2015 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colgate (Post 1762000)
a lot of people crash from zoning even with no pvp around

making them eat a death with yellow text just because client/server is buggy is a retarded idea

also asking for rogean to code custom shit is basically pointless

This too. 15 year old game on current OS isn't always that stable.

Tassador 01-28-2015 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrystianvz (Post 1761998)
Welcome to EQ pvp. If I have an out, I'm not dying just for some honor bullshit. I'm getting out and recovering later. Especially in far off zones. A naked run to some far off zone if no rez is viable takes a huge chunk out of play time.

This guy gets it.