Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   No Splish splash splosh visuals (/forums/showthread.php?t=265718)

Jimjam 02-14-2017 02:45 PM

No Splish splash splosh visuals

I recently noticed my p1999 is making neither splish, nor splash, nary even a splosh visual effect as it rains. Snow is also not falling, settling nor melting either.

All I have to know a storm is happening is increased fog and thunder.

Playing a Ranger of Karana this troubles me immensely.

Clearly some bad tampering has happened. Is there an autogenerated .ini or something I could delete to get things working again? Otherwise, could someone PM me the contents of their weather effects settings/files?

Telin 02-14-2017 02:52 PM

Precipitation effects haven't been altered and we don't have much control over it right now. Sometimes snow or rain will be heavy and other times it's so light you can't tell. It's just how the client is right now.

Baler 02-14-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Telin (Post 2468425)
Precipitation effects haven't been altered and we don't have much control over it right now. Sometimes snow or rain will be heavy and other times it's so light you can't tell. It's just how the client is right now.

Wow,. the control over weather on both eq emu's and uo emu's is pretty terrible.
amazing. :(

Why do very few people care about virtual weather?

Jimjam 02-14-2017 04:01 PM

Thanks for getting back to me.

I guess I'll just fiddle around with things and post my findings in case anyone else has similar problems in the future.

@Baler yeah, it saddens me how many people are only interested in turning off weather completely :'(

Jimjam 06-22-2017 09:35 PM

Well, my install was missing a folder by the name of 'precipitation', so I copied that from an EQ live install.

Lightning looking much better and I get rain falling down, but no sploshes as it hits the ground though.