Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Earth pet's root lands way too much (/forums/showthread.php?t=50104)

Nimblerot 09-29-2011 02:16 AM

Earth pet's root lands way too much

Not really a bug so I didn't want to post it in the bug forum, but it's just stupid how often the earth pet's root spell lands relative to how often the player casted root spell does. I just got root and can't even really land/keep landing root on a blue con, but a blue con pet can keep me basically chain rooted.

Definitely not like classic. On classic the earth pet's root barely ever landed.

Autotune 09-29-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimblerot (Post 418449)
Not really a bug so I didn't want to post it in the bug forum, but it's just stupid how often the earth pet's root spell lands relative to how often the player casted root spell does. I just got root and can't even really land/keep landing root on a blue con, but a blue con pet can keep me basically chain rooted.

Definitely not like classic. On classic the earth pet's root barely ever landed.

QQ

Nirgon 09-29-2011 02:38 AM

Rename thread: "Life Isn't Fair"

Nimblerot 09-29-2011 03:02 AM

^ mouthbreathing mages

Autotune 09-29-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimblerot (Post 418493)
^ mouthbreathing mages

^moar QQ

pickled_heretic 09-29-2011 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimblerot (Post 418449)

+1, pretty much my exact experience with it as well. player cast roots almost always fail but mage pet roots will hit nearly every single time and they will stick for much longer than the pet's recast time. one of the mages on the server even expressed the same concerns about it.

I suspect that something was done on the PVE side of things for blue box some time ago to balance mage pets to help their roots stick against mobs that would con much higher to the pets themselves, and that change doesn't work for PVP.

Doors 09-29-2011 03:34 AM

player casted root gets resisted a shit ton even on lower level people.

earth pet root procs like fucking crazy.

Bockscar 09-29-2011 03:49 AM

Maybe they gave it the -30 resist modifier it has on Allakhazam. I don't think this was classic. One of the most well-known facts about mages was that earth pet root was mostly useless for PvP. It certainly didn't routinely keep people in a guaranteed perma-root, even at these levels where we have shit resists. Two of us got jumped by a mage yesterday and he kept us both rooted by just sending the pet back and forth between us. Shit's ridiculous.

Titanuk 09-29-2011 04:29 AM

the root also last 30seconds but w.e

mimixownzall 09-29-2011 04:38 AM

Let mages have their hay day. They suck later on. The pet is very CC-able and their cast times are very long. They have no way to heal themselves. When you get some MR, the earth pet will not root you.