Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Your most memorable GM encounter (/forums/showthread.php?t=155654)

Ames who? 06-25-2014 04:39 PM

Your most memorable GM encounter

I was banned for "boxing" a level 29 enchanter and my druid by logging on the ench once every 30 mins and giving myself a fresh clarity.

I was soloing in kedge keep in an empty zone. Had logged my ench in to give myself clarity and with 5 seconds left on camp Ambrotos suddenly appears right in front of me. He asks me to run the two boxing test but i told him that my "wife" had already left the house to go to the store. He told me if i wanted to not be banned I would need to perform the test.

So I asked goog ol Mustard to log in the enchanter for me and do the two box test. Mustard logs in using a VPN and proceeds to complete it without any issues. Ambrotos then asks's "So, your wife lives in guam?" . I'm like wut bro? Apparently he looked up my ench's I.P address and mustard's vpn had given him an I.P address in guam so I was banned immediately. It was a "permanent" ban and according to Ambrotos i would never get my account back.

Fast forward 24 hours later - I PM'd Nilbog on IRC and gave him a sob story. He told me to make a petition on the forums and check back in a few days. 2 hours later I had my account back.

A fun fact : I had received that I.P exemption by asking Amelinda in teamspeak and she gave me one on the spot as long as I promised to be a good boy.

Nirgon 06-25-2014 04:44 PM

Amelinda watching Nihilum exploit Nagafen while sending me tells that they weren't.

Sirken telling people to learn to play EverQuest.

Hard 2 choose.

phacemeltar 06-25-2014 04:49 PM

any time i get to talk to Eunomia

Rellapse40 06-25-2014 04:49 PM

Amelinda telling us in irc that she was headed to a dr appointment with hardly any clothes on

laite 06-25-2014 04:56 PM

not sure what happened , got an AoN and so did my ***** Colgate. shit was classic

Bazia 06-25-2014 05:02 PM

When I got banned for fearing a mob somebody was fighting 2 weeks into the server when I was the highest level Necro on the server.

A few months later I petitioned Slathar for doing and it to me in unrest and was told that it wasn't against the rules.

Gaffin 7.0 06-25-2014 05:09 PM

banned my 53 rogue with no proof, goog times

Genedin 06-25-2014 05:10 PM

out of curiosity what is the boxing test? do they make you duel yourself? summon you to a GM created obstacle course?

Slathar 06-25-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazia (Post 1511260)
When I got banned for fearing a mob somebody was fighting 2 weeks into the server when I was the highest level Necro on the server.

A few months later I petitioned Slathar for doing and it to me in unrest and was told that it wasn't against the rules.

Hahahahah

Slathar 06-25-2014 05:12 PM

When Amelinda asked me what was wrong with me and when I said that there's no medicine that can fix me so suspended me for disrespecting staff