Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Mage Issues (/forums/showthread.php?t=84348)

Aelzrith 09-19-2012 12:01 AM

I have not yet done the research, but I wanted to bring to light a few issues that I believe to be bugs.

1. Reclaim Energy does not work on the epic pet.

2. The epic pet should run at or near SoW speed. [edit at or near JBoots speed]
--I remember receiving my epic on live and being thrilled that I no longer had to mem Expedience or Velocity. I believe that was his innate run speed, not part of the "Aura of Elemental Mastery" - He would do the classic: run really fast to catch up, then stop for a second because he caught up.

3. /pet report health - this should return the pet's HP in a percentage and also a list of the buffs currently on the pet. [edit: karanas confirmed this fucntion was added during Luclin, post-velious)

--

Research to come. Please help if you played a mage or have evidence of any of these being valid claims.

Lazortag 09-19-2012 12:28 AM

I don't think the list of buffs part of /pet report is classic, but I have no evidence either way, it's just what I remember.

uygi 09-19-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazortag (Post 727778)
I don't think the list of buffs part of /pet report is classic, but I have no evidence either way, it's just what I remember.

Don't feel like digging atm, but I'm pretty sure I remember it giving a list of buffs by mid-Velious. Of course that's also when we get TGB back, so it could happen quite late.

diplo 09-19-2012 01:53 AM

i remember epic pet would be a little faster than jboots because I never velocitied him after on live and was much easier kiting shit.

Aelzrith 09-19-2012 09:37 AM

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020605a.html

JUNE 5, 2002

With this patch we've made some rather sweeping changes to the way pets work.

Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.
Pets are neutral to NPCs. Monsters will not attack pets first unless the pet is being aggressive to something.
Pets take 75% of the experience from a creature if no player does damage to that creature.
Pets take ZERO experience from a creature unless no player does damage to that creature.
The exception to the above rule is Dire Charmed pets, which will take a share of the experience scaled by the amount of damage they do. In most situations (with an active party, for example) the Dire Charmed pet will not take experience. Like all pets, they will take 75% of the experience if no PC does damage to the target. As long as a player does damage to a creature, a Dire Charmed pet will never take more experience than it used to.
Charmed NPCs will now respond to the /pet report health command.
/pet sit down command should now work on charmed NPCs.

Fixed a bug that was preventing reclaim energy from working on Magician Epic pets.

----

So, it was a bug that was fixed post-velious. What does that mean for us?

Also, it may have worked, then bugged out after a patch, but I have no evidence of that.

Nirgon 09-19-2012 10:28 AM

IMO should be fixed.

Falls in line with being a stupid bug that should be fixed rather than a balance or class change that was made. IE: manastone working in planes, not a bug a balance change that should be kept in for a little while (classic).

A classic issue though so no reason to make too much a fuss for missing!

CrystalBlue 09-19-2012 10:30 AM

Yeah epic pet natural runspeed was closer to jboots then sow. Velocity though made them fast as heck.

Nirgon 09-19-2012 10:31 AM

^ Exactly.

kanras 09-22-2012 08:29 PM

July 2002:

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020724.html

Quote:

/pet report health will now display a list of the effects on the pet.

Aelzrith 09-28-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kanras (Post 730789)

ah, thanks karanas. i guess it was a long time after SoL was released that I actually visited that content.