Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Forget P99 Forget EQ! (/forums/showthread.php?t=281753)

Cazador64 09-24-2017 01:17 PM

Forget P99 Forget EQ!

SWG Legends server alive and well look it up. Daily avg population sits between 800-1000 people..
Come over and take a look.:)

Baler 09-24-2017 01:21 PM

This belongs in Off Topic sub section.

How many Jedi do they allow on that server?

Peacocky 09-24-2017 01:35 PM

https://i.imgur.com/TIVp2.gif

loramin 09-24-2017 01:50 PM

I played on a different SWG server (Bespin?) and had a lot of fun, but SWG is a very different game. It has its own appeal for sure, but it's no EverCrack.

Mistle 09-24-2017 01:52 PM

What era of SWG is this?

SamwiseRed 09-24-2017 03:55 PM

is this pre whatever retarded expansion ruined the game. also why play this over the classic SWG emu. thanks for share.

Baler 09-24-2017 04:07 PM

That's why I asked how many Jedi are on it. I was told that there used to be only 1 jedi and 1 sith jedi. Then they changed it so anyone could become a jedi and it made all the other classes kinda less interesting. Well except bounty hunter maybe.

I've never played it but it sounded like it was a pretty decent star wars mmo at the start of it's production.

SamwiseRed 09-24-2017 04:56 PM

there were more than 1 ea but ya they were pretty rare. it was an extremely unpleasant grind to by a Jedi, I think i did 20% of it before saying naw. I had a lot of fun with my wookie bounty hunter though.

loramin 09-24-2017 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamwiseRed (Post 2585330)
there were more than 1 ea but ya they were pretty rare. it was an extremely unpleasant grind to by a Jedi, I think i did 20% of it before saying naw. I had a lot of fun with my wookie bounty hunter though.

Just to explain to any non-SWGers how that worked, imagine that the game is kind of like EQ, except instead of being a level 1 or level 60 warrior you could be a level 30 warrior/level 30 wizard. In other words, you could be any class you wanted, but if you really wanted to be the best in that class you had to put most of your levels into it.

To become a Jedi you had to level to 60 in four (five?) different classes. You could find out the first four if you were rich or lucky enough to acquire a fungi-tunic-level-rarity item called a holochron, but even if you got four of those you still would have no way of knowing what fifth class you needed ... so you basically had to level every class to 60 if you wanted a jedi.

It was insanely difficult ... and a perfect way to keep Jedi properly rare and keep the MMOG world feeling like Star Wars. But then they revamped the game, made Jedi a "normal" class, and everyone left.

loramin 09-24-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loramin (Post 2585333)
Just to explain to any non-SWGers how that worked, imagine that the game is kind of like EQ, except instead of being a level 1 or level 60 warrior you could be a level 30 warrior/level 30 wizard. In other words, you could be any class you wanted, but to gain a new class you'd have to lose "levels" in the old one.

To become a Jedi you had to level to 60 in four (five?) different classes. You could find out the first four if you were rich or lucky enough to acquire a fungi-tunic-level-rarity item called a holochron, but even if you got four of those you still would have no way of knowing what fifth class you needed ... so you basically had to level every class to 60 if you wanted a jedi.

It was insanely difficult ... and a perfect way to keep Jedi properly rare and keep the MMOG world feeling like Star Wars. But then they revamped the game, made Jedi a "normal" class, and everyone left.