Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Final Beta Push (/forums/showthread.php?t=183972)

Rogean 03-03-2015 10:43 AM

Final Beta Push

We are on our final stretch of beta testing. Our forced beta test didn't have the turnout we had expected, and I'd rather not have to do another one. I'm asking that everyone look to find ways to help out this week and weekend. Guilds should look at bringing in outside players to help and vice-versa players should express interest to beta guilds about helping. Guilds should coordinate raids together to decide on targets, and we'd also like to see some stress testing particularly in Plane of Growth.

Items in particular that could use testing:

10th Ring War
This is now completed and could use thorough testing. The event is a failure if any giants make it to the Thurgadin zone line. The respawn time is temporarily set to 4 hours for testing purposes. Please PM Sirken or myself if your guild is interested in testing this and we can help get you some hand in items.

Plane of Growth
We could use more testing in this zone overall as well as stress testing with multiple guilds fighting at the same time. Tunare is completed and could use some extensive testing as well. PM Sirken or myself if you would like the zone repopped for any reason. NPC Resists have been updated recently and could also use testing/feedback.

Projectile Collision
Haynar has just recently added collision detection for all projectiles. This includes bow/arrows and bolts. This means they will collide with NPC's in their path. This needs extensive testing. Please report both positive and negative feedback.

I'd like to see a strong presence on beta this week and weekend, and then we will be in good shape.

Thanks.

Daldaen 03-03-2015 10:55 AM

I just scheduled a 10th Ring War later this week with Taken. I already have the 9th Ring / Declaration of War ready to turn in so I won't need summoned items... But do Devs/GMs want to be present to observe the war in progress or would just posts afterward from the participants do?

If so PM me.

Sirken 03-03-2015 11:01 AM

shoot me a PM with date and time, and if RL allows, ill be there ;)

Kimm Bare|y 03-03-2015 11:07 AM

http://i.imgur.com/YlZVCnH.jpg

Daldaen 03-03-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirken (Post 1807096)
shoot me a PM with date and time, and if RL allows, ill be there ;)

I look forward to slaying Giants with you.

Pringles 03-03-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimm Bare|y (Post 1807099)

Haynar 03-03-2015 11:28 AM

Issues currently with collision.

Snakes, and other belly crawlers, I did not adjust for their low stature. So they will block bolts. Wide mobs like bears, need some girth adjustments. So a lot is close, but not perfect.

H

RIP The Jacka 03-03-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 1807124)
Issues currently with collision.

Snakes, and other belly crawlers, I did not adjust for their low stature. So they will block bolts. Wide mobs like bears, need some girth adjustments. So a lot is close, but not perfect.

H

How do objects that don't cause los break factor in, ie most outdoor objects, trees, kc super block comes to mind (untestable )

Nirgon 03-03-2015 11:44 AM

I'll cast some bolts m'emperor

arsenalpow 03-03-2015 11:50 AM

BDA shooting for a 10th ring war test on Friday starting around 8pm EST.