Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Starting Zone (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   GAH! The nostalgia! (/forums/showthread.php?t=144575)

HyperCoffee 03-24-2014 05:36 PM

GAH! The nostalgia!

Hey everyone! I played up until Ykesha back in high school. A week ago I felt the strange itch to get back into EQ and did some research on the official forums. I was sad to see much of what I loved about the original EverQuest was taken away. Luckily, I found a post that lead me here. I'm ready to go!

But wait..

Of course I gave up video games for Lent (TLDR: Religious thing, can't play until Easter..incredible timing) and I have to say it's proving to be pretty difficult to keep from double clicking the EQ icon. I mean..I found my old guidebooks and have been re-reading all of the awesome stories about Boomba the Big, Fuzzbeard, and the others to get my fix. So that's where I'm at.

Just a couple more weeks. Must...hold...out...

sanforce 03-24-2014 05:41 PM

Must ... give .... in. Everquest is not a video game, it's real life (to some).

HyperCoffee 03-24-2014 05:47 PM

STAHP! Don't tempt me.

I must say it's been a long damn time since I've been this excited to play a video game. Vanguard, LOTRO, WoW; I've played all of them and though VG left an impression (especially the crafting system) none have close in terms of what EQ had. I've been keeping an eye on Pantheon as well and so far really like what I see. Here's hoping that works out.

whitebandit 03-24-2014 05:48 PM

everquest > religion of any kind bro.

baloen 03-24-2014 05:51 PM

Focus on painful exp loss and time lost on a corpse run. Might help you get to Easter. I gave up caffeine for lent, feel your pain =).

Leeyuuduu 03-24-2014 05:59 PM

What class are you gonna make

If you can't EverQuest you might as well ForumQuest

lecompte 03-24-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyperCoffee (Post 1379902)
Of course I gave up video games for Lent (TLDR: Religious thing, can't play until Easter..incredible timing) and I have to say it's proving to be pretty difficult to keep from double clicking the EQ icon. I mean..I found my old guidebooks and have been re-reading all of the awesome stories about Boomba the Big, Fuzzbeard, and the others to get my fix. So that's where I'm at.

Just a couple more weeks. Must...hold...out...

I gave up wheat. Be reasonable man.

HyperCoffee 03-24-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baloen (Post 1379953)
Focus on painful exp loss and time lost on a corpse run. Might help you get to Easter. I gave up caffeine for lent, feel your pain =).

I think giving up caffeine would be just as bad. I can't go without coffee especially with my 6 week old daughter. Good luck to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leeyuuduu (Post 1379972)
What class are you gonna make

If you can't EverQuest you might as well ForumQuest

Haha, alright. One of my first race/class combos was a High Elf Magician so that's what I'm going with. I can't friggin wait to walk through Felwithe and Gfay again. That first bat wing....

I have a couple of friends that will be joining the server as well!

lecompte 03-24-2014 06:08 PM

Mages are good but the pet agro will NOT be like you remember it. just a heads up :)

sanforce 03-24-2014 06:10 PM

Also, if your pet does the majority of the damage, you get half exp!