Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   DB error - invalid password (/forums/showthread.php?t=6934)

Sique 05-02-2010 08:30 PM

DB error - invalid password

I just finished installing and swapping around the necessary files to run p1999. However, when I try to log into the server I get an invalid password message. 1st, I'm not sure where I get my account. Is it the account I'm using now on these forums? Is it the account I made and tried (and failed) on eqemu's site? I'm sure I'm just missing something minor but it is making me unable to play. Anyone have any advice or suggestions? Also eqhost is set to their new adress so that shouldn't be the problem.

LazyFuj 05-02-2010 08:55 PM

you need to setup an account on eqemu's site, that one you use for the login.

Xumosa 05-02-2010 08:55 PM

go to eqemu's main webpage located here

Then log into that account

On the top bar of this screen it will shows home, forums, member list etc...
1 of the options should be user CP, click on that

Once you're on that page on the left hand side there will be a bar of more options click on "Login Server Accounts"

When you are on that screen make sure there is an account where it says Account 1:

If there isnt then click "create new LS account" and create it

Use the account you just made to log into the login server on EQ

Hope this helps if you have any more questions just ask :)

Darmeous 05-16-2011 10:41 PM

so, i have been playing for a month and today when logging in i started getting db error - invalid password, can still log into the eqemu website just not to the server select screen, any ideas?

Giddyup21 05-29-2011 07:17 PM

Same Problem

I'm having the same problem as above. Using my EQEmu login info... DB Error: Invalid Password

Nuno 07-24-2014 07:52 PM

New user here and having the same problem. Do the emulator people have to allow our usernames and passwords to work? Also is the game login screen being used the same as the original version? Ex/ station account and station password?

Deadlyfury 09-18-2014 12:24 AM

getting the same error

not quite sure but you don't need an EQemu account anymore?'

getting this error :( please help!

thanks in advance

RealHD 04-03-2015 12:57 AM

Bump, same problem. Tried the fix in the third post, didn't work.

ogmot 04-03-2015 11:47 AM

Same here getting dB error got in after 5 tries then disconnected a minute after log on

Quiet 04-03-2015 03:17 PM

FYI this is not a database problem or password problem. It is a connection problem. I've had my EMU account for years, I know my password is typed in correctly and i am still getting an invalid password response or a delayed response or a no response at all on any of my 3 EMU accounts. Then when I do get in, I'm getting tremendous lag. My ping may only say 60-110ms but the delay in response from the server is enormous. No other pages/games or connections are delayed or slowed down at any level. I do not know the solution. Only the problem.