Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   character select Screen (/forums/showthread.php?t=130266)

drelk001 12-06-2013 10:56 PM

character select Screen

Does anyone remember what the old character select screen looked like?
Well, i was patching live EQ and they got a new one today, i was watching the files
that were being patched and I saw a file named "CLZ" i have a hunch that that stands for character loading zone, in the project 1999 directory there is one as well.
If we get a Modder or hacker or what have you, replace those files with an one old or something I dont know but i want this to be the most classic experience i have ever had and im sure whoever is reading this does too so...

Telin 12-07-2013 12:19 AM

It changed depending on what race you were I think. There was a temple with torches, rock in the outdoors, a casters temple with red sparks behind and darker places for evil races.

drelk001 12-07-2013 02:56 AM

It was just one big zone an the models showed up in different area IIRC, I remember glitching it out once and seeing the different areas

Telin 12-07-2013 10:52 AM

I'm sure it was one zone since it changed instantly upon selection

mtb tripper 12-07-2013 05:13 PM

I remember the different backgrounds for the different races that was badass! I miss that

drelk001 12-26-2013 01:35 AM

okay! so i want to live EQ and moved the CLZs from live to my P99 directory and it was the "character loading zone" i had expected.... one problem though.... the cursor was missing, this would potentially cause problems but YAY!... lol

drelk001 12-26-2013 01:39 AM

Update: if you move the recourse sky files over as well the cursor will show up

drelk001 12-26-2013 01:50 AM

another update, you can actually do this with every zone, just copy and paste the file to the desktop then rename all the individual files "clz.*filetype*" be careful though there a bit of chr_ssd or something like that.

drelk001 12-26-2013 02:24 AM

lol tquad update, you need the EQG and environment emitters for each file you rename, you cant use any zone that dont us those kind of files

a_gnoll_pup 01-15-2014 08:05 PM

I've been wanting to do this for a while - It's not as easy as you'd think. There are actually three variants of the character loading zone total:

CLZ, load, and load2.

load is the pre-Luclin loading zone, load2 is the Luclin-GoD era zone, and clz is the OoW onwards loading zone.

The client by default can load all of these zones (and you can even spawn NPCs in the zones if you #zone to them) it's just a matter of modifying the client to do so.

DLL injection can prove successful just I haven't had time to do it yet. The locations for each of the class's loading area is also hardcoded in Trilogy, so I would have to investigate them too.