Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   My quitting post (/forums/showthread.php?t=72091)

heartbrand 04-15-2012 09:15 PM

My quitting post

I didn't want to quit this server. I kept thinking that at some point this server would turn it around. Reiker tried to tell me months ago this server was going to die, and that was before half the shit that has happened to this point. Gongshow then tried to convince me and I kept saying nah Gongshow this shit is going to turn it around. Well unfortunately, they were all right.

Could rehash the same reasons why this server failed for the 10,000th time but it's already been done. I'll just say the reason why I'm quitting now rather than a week ago is because it's become clear to me now that there will never be a force to contest nihilum on this server. It has nothing to do with them being better at EverQuest or PVP, but Supreme made it clear to me in a PM that I don't even care enough about pasting. He basically said Nihilum will be on this server even if they're the last 30 people farming loot here. You can't compete with people like that on a dead server where there's no one to recruit. When we fought them last time over Nagafen they just waited us out. We just weren't able to out poopsock them.

I wanted to compete. I wanted big raid vs raid action. It won't ever happen here. I've wasted my last bit of energy trying to recruit, build alliances, mergers, etc. It's over. It just won't happen. And the truth is, today, when I wasted my last breaths on this 20 year old game trying to work something out with FF, I realized I don't even want to be guilded with half of those people anyway, including some of the people who were in my own guild.

On a different note, rather give shout outs and make it positive. The most fun I had on this server was with Slathar and Smallmee. The guys were a shit ton of fun to play with, knew what they were doing, Slathar is fucking hilarious, the PVP was good, and no one cried. Really had a blast with those guys so thanks for the times, and I'm sure I'll still pop in on occasion to gank someone on this 27 year old game when I'm bored with you guys hopefully, but obviously for all intents and purposes pretty much done.

I don't regret my decision of leaving Nihilum for a second. Holocaust vent was some of the best times I've had in any MMORPG. Much rather be with non-immersed people who are having a good time then people on the edge of their seat on immersion level code red screaming I"M ROOTED. Chuck / Gong / Xant / CC etc., lot of fun. Cast is fucking awesome and no one has made me crack up more over a fucking 37 year old MMORPG message board than Cast. A+ work.

Saidin / Mornin / Apple / Angkar / Murderface / Shocker / Madude / Sickpuppy, had a lot of fun with you guys towards the end of Holo, playing with you guys was fun, it's a shame the original crew was already gone at that point. Cool peeps, it is what it is.

Lamort... I like you I have no idea why but I do.

Titanuk is hilarious A+ to you.

Vamael is awesome, fucking awesome, great guy, feel bad a guy so helpful is gonna be left with no one around. A+ person.

From Nihilum, props to Nerfed, he's very good. Hughman is cool. Tror never really bothered me much, guy lives and breathes this game w/e never had an issue with him. I had a lot of fun PVPing with Natural, cool guy w/e. Skelly is a faggot, wolfram is a huge faggot, oddjob I don't know what happened to this individual he seemed fine pre being in a guild and in uprising, dunno when his immersion code 9 happened but the guy is either pulling an epic troll or needs to get the matrix plug in the back of his head pulled out.

Mafakka, you should stop doing drugs bro.

Jibekn you're cool bro, I feel like I'm the only one that gets ur trolling.

Andis is a huge faggot, never met anyone more butt hurt in my life, and that goes for 90% of founding fathers. People take this game way to seriously. Some of the worst players I've ever seen. Abysal is ok tho, don't mind him, friedchicken when on the right side of his bipolar was liveable, but you did train us bro.

Amelinda means well, is a nice person, she doesn't have the abilities to fix what is wrong with this server, and she knows it.

In terms of everything else, the best PVPer I ever encountered on this server was Lewis on Nordahl. Guy fucking pwned so many faces. Lethdar close second. Worst PVPErs on this server in no particular order: Eximo / Mellowyellow / Saphira. Proof that gear really makes absolutely no fucking difference.

To Rogean though: You killed this server. I get it it's free blah fucking blah stop bitching w/e. But you killed the server.

Sure I forgot a lot of people, w/e, shit was fun, looking forward to Tera.

Oh and to Nihilum: Re: RED MANASTONE, Golden efreeti boots + others

Postby projectmoney » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:25 pm
White Dragon Scale 125$

lol gettin dat RMT on amirite?

Peaaace

Mornin3.0 04-15-2012 09:21 PM

thatll do pig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mornin3.0 (Post 622002)
goodbye threads are for fags

lethdar 04-15-2012 09:26 PM

i was snubbed, my god.

heartbrand 04-15-2012 09:29 PM

Gave u props as second best pvper brew though in truth prolly best but I just had so many epic battles with nordahl

fiegi 2.5 04-15-2012 09:31 PM

goodbye sweet love we will always have the nets and ian eagle

fiegi 2.5 04-15-2012 09:32 PM

double post inc (am not mad)

make sure u keep forumquesting tho

jdklaw 04-15-2012 09:37 PM

tldr

Herb9 04-15-2012 09:52 PM

In on first page of farewell post that you died on various characters to me and hijinx a bunch of times and never killed either of us once.

Your time here will be remembered in the graveyard. Bye noob.

heartbrand 04-15-2012 09:53 PM

Pretty sure I explained why in top of post. I knew server was fucked and any dream of epic velious PVP was never going to happen but thought at least enough people could ban together to create some fun raid vs raid PVP against nihilium. Became clear today that would never happen on this server.

Side note snubbed letsjoe sorry luv dat guy

Slathar 04-15-2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herb9 (Post 622046)
In on first page of farewell post that you died on various characters to me and hijinx a bunch of times and never killed either of us once.

Your time here will be remembered in the graveyard. Bye noob.

this guy's entire existence is everquest. he will be here until population: 14

sad