Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   One step plan to fixing P99 blue endgame (/forums/showthread.php?t=65951)

Deanob 02-23-2012 04:09 PM

One step plan to fixing P99 blue endgame

Put the entire server on full rotation. It was done on karana on live for many years and worked.

Simply put. No drama. No problems.

Arillious 02-23-2012 04:11 PM

I'm not sure how you guys can play this game without being able to kill someone when they act retarded.

Jimes 02-23-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanob (Post 566529)
Put the entire server on full rotation. It was done on karana on live for many years and worked.

Why even play at that point if everyone is just going to have their hands held. . .

Lazortag 02-23-2012 04:20 PM

Well some people like to compete for mobs. In another thread there's a discussion on how things can be more competitive yet accessible for the more casual guilds. Nilbog already commented on it and said positive things.

Bruman 02-23-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimes (Post 566549)
Why even play at that point if everyone is just going to have their hands held. . .

Rotation does not equal hands held.

Just like "poopsocking & batphone" does not equal competition.

Again - no wonder the industry went to instancing.

Flunklesnarkin 02-23-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruman (Post 566553)

I think the best situation i've seen in mmo's

Is where some is instanced and some is not.

the instanced stuff is no drop / non-sellable sidegrades of the sellable poopsocked raid targets.

I don't really expect instancing in P99... but it's not all bad if done in the right way.

Fazlazen 02-23-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanob (Post 566529)

Yeah, and it's the reason nothing was ever done on Karana prior to Velious. I hated it for that, you can't progress when you have an opportunity to kill trakanon once a month.

In velious, a bunch of folks from Valoran and Shadowed Fates decided they had enough of the Karana council of guilds (KGC) and stepped up their game. They formed Nightbane. The rest is history.

After that, the KGC never really applied to anything that wasn't already trivial. Don't get me wrong though, I loved my years on Karana, but Velious is when the server really took off.

Btw, the KGC was player enforced.

Deanob 02-23-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazlazen (Post 566603)
Yeah, and it's the reason nothing was ever done on Karana prior to Velious. I hated it for that, you can't progress when you have an opportunity to kill trakanon once a month.

In velious, a bunch of folks from Valoran and Shadowed Fates decided they had enough of the Karana council of guilds (KGC) and stepped up their game. They formed Nightbane. The rest is history.

After that, the KGC never really applied to anything that wasn't already trivial.

Btw, the KGC was player enforced.

Thats when the server population had what 1500? Were looking at 400-700 here tops. It wont be one month kills I'll tell you that much.

VP and Trak was already on a 2/3 way rotation and most were perfectly content that way. It will be the same but applied to the rest of the targets.

Jimes 02-23-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruman (Post 566553)

A major competitive aspect of this game is which guild is the most organized in terms of tracking targets and getting the word out when they spawn, and then being able to mobilize the fastest. A forced rotation removes all of that completely.

Go back to wow and your free gear kids.

Lishrac 02-23-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimes (Post 566615)
A major competitive aspect of this game is which guild is the most organized in terms of tracking targets and getting the word out when they spawn, and then being able to mobilize the fastest. A forced rotation removes all of that completely.

Go back to wow and your free gear kids.

Sorry but instanced bosses are harder than the bosses on EQ. Instanced requires a large percentage of the raid force to know what the hell they're doing and execute things at the proper time. EQ bosses require you to bring enough numbers for it to die quickly or before your raid force wipes.

Please continue your poopsocking. Your drama, anger, and tears continue to provide the very best for this server.