Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Alternative To DKP - This Will Go Over Well... (/forums/showthread.php?t=377404)

wwoneo 01-29-2021 12:15 AM

Alternative To DKP - This Will Go Over Well...

Why create a fake in-game currency (DKP) to purchase raid items and instead use a real in-game currency platinum?

Scenario:
50 person raid.
Every item is up for bid.
Highest bidder wins.
Total platinum is split between all participants.

Some additional rules can be implemented to ensure buyers. For example, participants must have a minimum amount of platinum banked in order to demonstrate their ability to purchase items. Another example would be a minimum gear level requirement (such as 100+ MR unbuffed) etc...

Tunabros 01-29-2021 12:17 AM

nice! now where to take my rogue to solo for plat?

whats this? my mage friend is making hundreds per hour smashing HGs!!?

game's over no loot for me

Cassawary 01-29-2021 12:20 AM

You shall not crucify elfkind upon this cross of gold!

Foxplay 01-29-2021 12:53 AM

WoW classic already does this with GDKP (Gold dkp) run's I think they are called. The major difference being WoW is instanced raiding so it is planned and done at players leisure

Finding enough people that want to do a platnium dkp raid while also contest mobs anytime of day at the drop of a hat? Not likely

Maybe a guild could form and do a system like this.... but then you just have a guild of people who are split between raiding, and farming plat in order to spend on raids these. Which in essence rewards those who play p99 the most as they are going to have more plat than others. Could have someone that shows up to raids all the time, but never has time to farm plat and he/she will constantly get destroyed in bids by hardcore plat farmers that may only show up at specific raids for specific loot, and on rare occasion they might win a bid from the plat they earn from the raids split pot

Not saying it couldn't work but I would foresee a lot of wealthy people no contribute to the guild and only jump in on targets to pluck up the drops they want an then bounce

Boptop 01-29-2021 01:14 AM

<Ferengi Alliance>

Gatordash 01-29-2021 01:34 AM

What happens when the person bidding doesn't actually have the plat to pay everyone but says they do and loot the no drop item anyways? You want to check everyone's EC mule to see if they actually have the money? Or is your proposition that everyone carries the pp with them and it takes 20 min for your raid to move down trips hall?

Foxplay 01-29-2021 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatordash (Post 3251387)
What happens when the person bidding doesn't actually have the plat to pay everyone but says they do and loot the no drop item anyways? You want to check everyone's EC mule to see if they actually have the money? Or is your proposition that everyone carries the pp with them and it takes 20 min for your raid to move down trips hall?

Most raid bosses corpses are 30minutes, plenty of time to switch to a mule and xfer plat before looting (provided your character your looting on is already in zone and ready for CoTH etc)

But then you have to have trustworthy people to handle huge amounts of plat....Trustworthy pixel-addicts that spend most of their time plat-farming so they can bid more than their "enemy" guildies....

Give it a month before huge drama, plat xfers get stolen / skimmed, or people accounts banned for RMT lol

Arvan 01-29-2021 02:16 AM

<Gold Pressed Latinum>

Gatordash 01-29-2021 02:22 AM

I don’t see it solving many problems. And then what are you going to do to incentivize people to track or rte or race etc

wwoneo 01-29-2021 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatordash (Post 3251397)
I don’t see it solving many problems. And then what are you going to do to incentivize people to track or rte or race etc

There are ways to solve issues like these. Such as drafting a policy for the raids which states the tracker who leads to a successful kill receives 2% of total platinum or something along those lines. Note that these are just examples and can be adjusted for fairness.