Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Worst Corpse Run (/forums/showthread.php?t=276446)

alexnoshinku 06-25-2017 02:55 PM

Worst Corpse Run

What is the worst corpse run you have ever experienced?

The worst corpse run for me was when i died in MM and was bond in EC, then died like 3 times trying to get back to MM before a rogue friend of mine decided to drag my corpse to CY in MM and log (note i was only 29 at the time). This was so not funny trying to get it back. I ended up asking another friend who had a clicky cleric parked in the zone to come help me. They both laughed at me for days after that...

skarlorn 06-25-2017 03:01 PM

Lol that rogue is a dick.

My worst corpse run was back when I was on Filbus in his teens going to unrest for the first time. I was basically. Totally new to eq, only having watched it during live. I died in unrest and had to cross Dagnors all alone as a naked level 15ish warrior.

To make it worse I smoked a lot of weed, and basically had no short term memory. So I'd get turned around constantly in the cauldron due to all the little Peaks and valleys combined with my ignorance and weed stupor. My halfling corpse trailed the path to unrest, and even the fantastic four were too slow to save me from the goblins.

This marked the beginning of a game my friends Called "Find Filbus," where they would find my corpses randomly across Norrath like little hobbit waystones. Leveling a warrior first is rough, esp when you're a noob.

alexnoshinku 06-25-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skarlorn (Post 2546754)
Lol that rogue is a dick.

My worst corpse run was back when I was on Filbus in his teens going to unrest for the first time. I was basically. Totally new to eq, only having watched it during live. I died in unrest and had to cross Dagnors all alone as a naked level 15ish warrior.

To make it worse I smoked a lot of weed, and basically had no short term memory. So I'd get turned around constantly in the cauldron due to all the little Peaks and valleys combined with my ignorance and weed stupor. My halfling corpse trailed the path to unrest, and even the fantastic four were too slow to save me from the goblins.

This marked the beginning of a game my friends Called "Find Filbus," where they would find my corpses randomly across Norrath like little hobbit waystones. Leveling a warrior first is rough, esp when you're a noob.

i still get turned around trying to go to unrest...everything looks the same (same for the Karanas and Lfay) I still laugh at all of my deaths and corpse runs because none will be as bad as the MM one.

Endorra 06-25-2017 03:08 PM

Way back on live, when I was truly a nooblet, my poor Dark Elf necro fell down the pit trap into the jail in Najena. I died twice more that night trying to get the body back, and then I had to give up and go to bed for school. I barely slept.

The next day after school, I had to beg and plead in EC tunnel for someone to help me. Eventually some higher level char in a guild took pity on me and helped me clear down to the corpse. No rez, just help getting to the body so I could loot all my cloth gear. I never set foot in Najena again until I was on p99 and knew what I was doing.

Nibblewitz 06-25-2017 03:09 PM

HS full wipe - shit still haunts me.

alexnoshinku 06-25-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalman (Post 2546763)
i dragged a tru noob's corpse under the ice into the caves in everfrost. he sent a lot of tells "the corpse tracker says i'm right on top of it WHERE IS IT"

^^^ omg that is way to good, if someone did that to me I would so laugh my ass off

skarlorn 06-25-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nibblewitz (Post 2546760)
HS full wipe - shit still haunts me.

The life of a posh wizard evacing to safety has made you soft

Izmael 06-25-2017 04:00 PM

Died to resists and summoners deepish in Chardok duoing with a cleric pal on my enc.

Unlucky dog spawns made it impossible to calm/invis past a certain spot and I died a combined total of 6 times trying to server tick my way down. The cleric died a couple times too, he ran his 60 enc in and died a couple times as well.

It was too embarrassing to ask for help so we ended up paying a random unknown necro for a bunch of corpse summons.

#rememberdok

Nommis 06-25-2017 05:57 PM

Good thread.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the well in Befallen...

LostCause 06-25-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexnoshinku (Post 2546750)
What is the worst corpse run you have ever experienced?

The worst corpse run for me was when i died in MM and was bond in EC, then died like 3 times trying to get back to MM before a rogue friend of mine decided to drag my corpse to CY in MM and log (note i was only 29 at the time). This was so not funny trying to get it back. I ended up asking another friend who had a clicky cleric parked in the zone to come help me. They both laughed at me for days after that...

that's it? i think ive died few times and ran from qeynos all the way back to ec since i never get ports if i die solo then its my fault i won't beg for a port or a rez or even a sow..