Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Game Mechanics: T-staff proc in PvP (/forums/showthread.php?t=93929)

Dullah 01-11-2013 08:23 AM

T-staff proc in PvP

I think most rational players can agree at this point that t-staff proc could use a fast forward on the nerf. Both live servers and just about every other emu tmk have nerfed the proc in some way, and I think for the benefit of pvp the same should be done here.

Now I generally support all things classic but some exceptions have to be made (item recharging etc).

This is actually being suggested more as a courtesy for our competition than for any personal benefit as Nihilum presently has 3 new monks chomping at the bit for a t-staff and I hate to think of the negative impact of having 6 t-staff monks in one guild against our adversaries.

For the sake of pvp, I suggest reducing the proc duration in similar fashion to all other movement impairing effects in pvp. Perhaps a set 6 seconds versus the present 12. Maybe a random duration of 2-6.

PS. if nizzar guildkicks me and heartbrands my gear as a result of this thread, its been nice knowing all of you.

Smedy 01-11-2013 08:29 AM

T-staff was never touched or nerfed during the classic era of everquest, perhaps later in luclin and beyond but that does not apply to red99 <b>CLASSIC</b> dog

Seeing a wizard complaining is always a good sign of balance taking place though, wizards are op as fuk since day 1 and still op as fuk in kunark, will continue to be a decent class all through out velious but meeles will by far be better in the end

Wait for a ranger to get windstriker then holla back

Jenni D 01-11-2013 10:01 AM

3 new monks? jesus.

do any new players take the challenge on this server anymore & not join nihi??

Smedy 01-11-2013 10:03 AM

more tstaffs then monks brogirl, but shit's classic, don't add yellow text, don't remove tstaff proc, simple as that, shits classic also rogues backstabbing for 1.3k is classic

so many things are classic, so classic i couldn't stand it

SamwiseRed 01-11-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedy (Post 809374)

so many things are classic, so classic i couldn't stand it

LOL

heartbrand 01-11-2013 01:43 PM

If you're going to remove item recharging, have a custom resist system, water doesn't cancel spells, lev basically destroys melees ability to hit PC's (hit box much smaller here than on live), etc. etc. I think the least you can do is re-evaluate t-staff.

Nirgon 01-11-2013 01:48 PM

I think you should re-evaluate double wurmslayers being in as non-classic and get to melting faces when people start talking about changing classic features.

Another project is on the way, time to raise the masts and batton down the hatches. CLASSIC TIME PALS.

heartbrand 01-11-2013 02:14 PM

Retarded argument. Classic doesn't mean the game must play identically as it did back then according to each patch note. Should all exploits that were in classic remain here? After all, it's classic. You were able to transfer no drop gear in classic using exploits, shouldn't that be in, it's classic?

Nirgon 01-11-2013 03:08 PM

You're talking about nerfing the tstaff because you're not a monk.

The cat is out of the bag and has strewn the contents of his little box all across the floor.

Enjoy those double wurmies while they last! Kanras/Nilbog aren't too far off from one more chest bump with the classic gods on this one.

SamwiseRed 01-11-2013 03:29 PM

seen alot of nilly monks lately. at least they are helping me get better at juking.