Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Things to come with Velious release (OP'ed, nerfed, etc.) (/forums/showthread.php?t=136959)

nwin 01-26-2014 10:41 AM

Things to come with Velious release (OP'ed, nerfed, etc.)

I played on EQMac for a while before it got shutdown, then I switched to TGC and still have a character there. Admittedly, I only casually played Live right when Velious came out until right after PoP came out-but I only played a human monk to 45.

Anyways, I always heard when playing EQMac how in that era Enchanters were still OP'ed, how CoS was awesome for PvP pre-nerf, etc. Also Monks during Velious were insanely overpowered.

What are some things that are ridiculously overpowered now or in Velious? Conversely, what are some things that people should just stay away from due to being underpowered until after Velious?

Swish 01-26-2014 10:50 AM

From what I've read on the forums (word of mouth) etc, enchanters are going to have a bad time in Velious compared to Kunark... less charmable mobs around, and apparently they're confined more to giving out clarity and buffing/slowing. I don't believe it however :p

Expect to see a throng of SKs/rangers/paladins/bards once the hybrid penalty disappears and they're declared easy mode :p

Daldaen 01-26-2014 10:58 AM

Shamans will be stupidly OP with Torpor / Turgurs
Bards continue to be awesome
Clerics continue being necessary for high-end grouping
Magician CotH bots will be placed at Yelinak, Sleeper's Tomb and maybe NToV / EToV. GG to those who bought up toons before that was nerfed.
Necromancers will live in PoMischief farming cards and selling at 200k/ea to stupid people
Rangers keep sucking as they did until AAs fixed their class.

Can't wait to see people /rolling against a cleric on a Plate BP drop in Kael to sell the MQ rights. Only on P99.

HeallunRumblebelly 01-26-2014 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swish (Post 1292447)
From what I've read on the forums (word of mouth) etc, enchanters are going to have a bad time in Velious compared to Kunark... less charmable mobs around, and apparently they're confined more to giving out clarity and buffing/slowing. I don't believe it however :p

Expect to see a throng of SKs/rangers/paladins/bards once the hybrid penalty disappears and they're declared easy mode :p

Depends, swish. Kael giants may or may not be charmable. That white dragon in the caves in WL may or may not be charmable (used to kill wuoshi :P). It just all really depends on how Nilbog wants to handle it. If Kael giants are charmable you just might see a day 1 AOW kill. Especially if Donals BPs are also good to go on the first day.

HeallunRumblebelly 01-26-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 1292454)
Shamans will be stupidly OP with Torpor / Turgurs
Bards continue to be awesome
Clerics continue being necessary for high-end grouping
Magician CotH bots will be placed at Yelinak, Sleeper's Tomb and maybe NToV / EToV. GG to those who bought up toons before that was nerfed.
Necromancers will live in PoMischief farming cards and selling at 200k/ea to stupid people
Rangers keep sucking as they did until AAs fixed their class.

Can't wait to see people /rolling against a cleric on a Plate BP drop in Kael to sell the MQ rights. Only on P99.

Rangers become quite useful in velious. Someone's gotta track SG named / Vaniki / Stormfeather. Not to mention useful as parked bots in NTOV to see what's up. I swear to God if we have variance in NTOV...my balls... 3 hours trash clearing for a lady kill. Yes! Yes!

Maelstrom 01-26-2014 12:20 PM

One of my favorite items ever came out with Velious...the BFG!

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/4/7/47a...ad01fddd05.png

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/c/0/c09...48b98d4a0a.png

Not only did it look sweet but you could launch players or NPC's with this thing. People found ways to exploit with it eventually and it was removed. I remember hearing a rumor about launching people onto the roof of Mistmoore Castle. Crazy weapon, hope it sticks around on P99.

uygi 01-26-2014 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelstrom (Post 1292529)
Not only did it look sweet but you could launch players or NPC's with this thing. People found ways to exploit with it eventually and it was removed. I remember hearing a rumor about launching people onto the roof of Mistmoore Castle. Crazy weapon, hope it sticks around on P99.

It's easy to get onto the roof of MM... but yeah, one of the un-classic things about P99 will probably be all the BFGs. Many people believe they were only in game for a very short while, but if you dig a little there's evidence that seaworthy planking was in game for many months. It was such a bitch to find, and people understood so little, that many believe it was removed almost immediately. We shall see! I hope to obtain several :D

Tune 01-26-2014 02:14 PM

see you in...

THUGARDIIIIIIIIN

SamwiseRed 01-26-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

One of my favorite items ever came out with Velious...the BFG!

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/4/7/47a...ad01fddd05.png

http://zam.zamimg.com/images/c/0/c09...48b98d4a0a.png

nilbog carries that around

Schortt 01-26-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

People found ways to exploit with it

Moving Yelinak out of his room for easy access to walls to plant casters/healers behind was my favorite, but there's lots of other fun things to do as well. Going AFK on raids will be much more interesting (please let BFG work in sky, TIA).