Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Crash every 2-5 minutes (/forums/showthread.php?t=112126)

Kerrenor 06-15-2013 11:48 PM

Crash every 2-5 minutes

I am having an issue where I crash every time that I attack or cast a spell. All of the installations worked before I moved. Has anyone heard of this issue? Or know what might be causing it?

If I sit online and do nothing but chat, I don't dc also if that helps.

Ambrotos 06-16-2013 12:52 AM

It sounds like a UI file is messed up. What UI are you using?

Bubbles 06-16-2013 09:43 AM

I've had the exact same issue the last couple times I logged in.

I've been using the same deafult.old UI since i started on here years ago.

I started using wineq2 to see if that would help fix it, but no dice.

I updated my drivers and DirectX, but no improvement there, either.

Kerrenor 06-16-2013 04:39 PM

its not the ui

Im sure its not the ui, this does it on my laptop and desktop, both have different uis, i had tested it before.

Ambrotos 06-16-2013 05:38 PM

Let me try differently sorry. Sometimes a persons UI file for a toon becomes unstable. I didnt mean how I worded how I did. Sometimes you have to delete the character UI and then log in.

Can test it easy. If you can log on different toons or accounts and not have the issue then that is the cause. This is the only thing I have seen to cause this issue. Test it out and lets see.

I know you say its happening on two different computers. I had the same issue. I don't know why it happens but it did for me. Maybe the way I configure my ui, in game settings or ssomething. Worth a shot to see.

Turp_SmokinPurp 06-16-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrotos (Post 996876)
Let me try differently sorry. Sometimes a persons UI file for a toon becomes unstable. I didnt mean how I worded how I did. Sometimes you have to delete the character UI and then log in.

I know you say its happening on two different computers. I had the same issue. I don't know why it happens but it did for me. Maybe the way I configure my ui, in game settings or ssomething. Worth a shot to see.

Yea i had this problem, it was the chat boxes with my UI, if i resized them to big or to small it would crash me instantly than randomly until i figured it out. Fixed now but i had to reset the ui and be careful how i sized my windows.

Ambrotos 06-16-2013 07:00 PM

Hah now that you mention it... I crash if I close out UI boxes or make them as small as I can. I also had some window pop up during combat. I think it was some window I had made for random combat spam and it would crash me. Once I removed it everything was fine.

Kerrenor 06-16-2013 08:08 PM

ok tried on a new character, fresh character i made no ui changes. Crashed while zoning trying to get out to the newbie area which im sure is what the same problem is when attacking/spell casting.

gotrocks 06-16-2013 09:26 PM

turn off loading screens in display options

Kerrenor 06-16-2013 10:25 PM

still crashes every attack or casting a spell, but i can sit there 2 hours talking in guild and ooc/whispers