Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Shaman (/forums/showthread.php?t=91385)

murcielago200 12-17-2012 11:13 PM

Shaman

When creating a shaman why do people go Ogre instead of Troll (sometimes) when trolls have better regen that is useful for Cani ?

davedeck42 12-17-2012 11:20 PM

incoming 15 page thread of namecalling.

TLDR: make what you want, ogres have best starting stats and frontal stun immunity to bash which is very nice, trolls are 2nd best, barbs look best, iksars get 200 swim skill at lvl 1.

Netherzul 12-17-2012 11:28 PM

None of the racial stuff matters @ 60 once you have Torpor.

If the appearance of a Troll or Ogre is something that you enjoy, pick the best looking out of the two and go for aesthetics. Personally, I really wanted to roll Iksar but Barbarians do look the best and still have a significant stat boost over Iksars ... so that's what I chose.

If you never truly plan to get to 60 and might make it to level 30-40 before your gamers ADD has totally taken over then roll Troll because the regen does help during leveling.

TD;LR - Aesthetic choices if you plan to hit 60 as none of the racials matter once Torpor is acquired. If you don't plan to hit 60, roll Troll.

Orruar 12-18-2012 12:14 AM

Because people mistakenly believe stun immunity means anything to a class that can reduce mobs to bashing once every 32 seconds at most.

Cippofra 12-18-2012 12:24 AM

I picked ogres because I dont want to start in fob. Dont like trolls or barbarians. And I'll never be 60

gotrocks 12-18-2012 01:27 AM

Please use the search function. This topic has been beat to death a thousand times, and its not worth it to go over this yet again.

You'll find *many* threads and posts about which is the best shaman race. Personally, go iksar. Its more of a challenge and you look better than any of the other races.

Troll is by far the "best" shaman race. Iksar is probably the worst (but I rolled an iksar here, had a 60 iksar shaman on live, and i'd never choose any other race personally)

Search function!! youll find all you need to know.

Loftus 12-18-2012 02:19 AM

Just another consideration if you plan to solo a lot to 60: Iksars cannot use the fabled JBB.

Slave 12-18-2012 03:00 AM

Ogre frontal stun immunity is like defensive godmode.

Troll regeneration is more useful from levels 1-59 than that.

Barbarians get the Spiritist Hammer, which isn't great, but it's better than

Iksar. The worst race for Shaman by far. They get regeneration but no Jaundiced Bone.

Mayhem2 12-18-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slave (Post 789737)
Ogre frontal stun immunity is like defensive godmode.

Troll regeneration is more useful from levels 1-59 than that.

Barbarians get the Spiritist Hammer, which isn't great, but it's better than

Iksar. The worst race for Shaman by far. They get regeneration but no Jaundiced Bone.

+1 , Ogre's survive shit that other races don't.

I'm sure people will come in here and post about using bash timers, etc.

That kind of logic is like saying, "I'm a good driver, I will never be in an accident".

Netherzul 12-18-2012 05:08 AM

I'll survive just as long as an Ogre, as a Barbarian. The only difference would be that I made surviving that long, look good.