Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   East Commonlands Tunnel (/forums/showthread.php?t=130995)

Coridan 12-14-2013 08:20 AM

East Commonlands Tunnel

It's awesome that we use EC tunnel for all our auctions (I know some live servers would use GFay, which is lame), but I don't get why everyone stands at the mouth of tunnel. When I played on Tribunal everyone hung out by Shady. Just seems more appropriate, and easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.

Sckrilla 12-14-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 1220050)
easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.

..because telling someone you're at 'tunnel ent' followed by a /tar *name* is hard?

eqravenprince 12-14-2013 08:40 AM

This is a reason EQ is/was so special. Every server had something unique about it. On Torvonillous, the EC tunnel was exactly like it is here.

eqravenprince 12-14-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sckrilla (Post 1220055)
..because telling someone you're at 'tunnel ent' followed by a /tar *name* is hard?

Never even thought about doing that, I have a hard time finding someone in the tunnel sometimes. Didn't think Target pointed you towards the target, maybe if you follow that command with /autofollow.

Telin 12-14-2013 08:53 AM

My original server never used the tunnel. We used north Freeport for bank and more vendor access. I liked it that music plays there and that overall you have more to do and see. Evil races I think had some issues but ran to the yard behind the jade.

Lisset 12-14-2013 11:12 AM

Brell was close to this except people would always use "first torch" and "second torch" as landmarks.

Thulack 12-14-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisset (Post 1220111)
Brell was close to this except people would always use "first torch" and "second torch" as landmarks.

myriverse 12-14-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coridan (Post 1220050)
It's awesome that we use EC tunnel for all our auctions (I know some live servers would use GFay, which is lame), but I don't get why everyone stands at the mouth of tunnel. When I played on Tribunal everyone hung out by Shady. Just seems more appropriate, and easier to tell people where you were since there were some actual landmarks.

"Tunnel ent" is just as much of landmark as Shady or T1 (first torch) or whatever. Tunnel entrance is more convenient than going all the way to Shady.

Never understood the GFay alternative on some servers, but if it weren't for MM, I'd propose sinking Faydwer... worthless pile of dung it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eqravenprince (Post 1220057)
Never even thought about doing that, I have a hard time finding someone in the tunnel sometimes. Didn't think Target pointed you towards the target, maybe if you follow that command with /autofollow.

It doesn't point you, and follow only works if you're grouped.

Obwin 12-14-2013 11:48 AM

I motion to move auction area to North Freeport where it was on the most classic of servers! (Mithaniel Marr)

radditsu 12-14-2013 11:54 AM

Gfay 4 life. Hardcore servers ran faymart.

Honestly gfay prob evolved due to the amount of elves dorfs and gnomes with good classes compared to humans and darkies.