Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Where does a noob go? (/forums/showthread.php?t=65976)

Dexus Deftstrike 02-23-2012 07:29 PM

Where does a noob go?

So i recently started playing p99 and have been lovin it! Playin a troll warrior and I have one simple question, where in the world is a good place for some groups? Innothule area is terrible now at lvl 10 and its a long run to see if there are noobs like me in EC (because guk is devoid of noobs) What are some more of the popular noob zones on this server? AAlso are trolls kos to iksar? kunark possible? field of bone awsomeness? THANKS :D

LizardNecro 02-23-2012 07:30 PM

I suggest crushbone. Lots of groups, and you'll get faction to be able to bank in Kelethin.

Hitchens 02-23-2012 07:41 PM

Don't go to Crushbone if you're a troll and yes you will still be KoS to Iksar.

gnatte 02-23-2012 08:00 PM

EC has some orc groups at your level, also North Ro.

Kope 02-23-2012 08:01 PM

I'm sorry Dexus but you're kinda in that magical middle ground :(.

- A class that can't solo efficiently
- A race that isn't incredibly populated at lower levels

In all honesty you have a few choices:

1 - Go to crushbone (get bound in greater faydark and just pay noobs to sell your stuff for you, but you can't train :()
2 - brave it out - Soloing with very large downtimes :(
3 - Go to East Commonlands (possibly get bound in West Freeport) and ask the high levels there to buff you (they might give you items if you can make them laugh)
4 - Make a new race and/or class combo

I'm not meaning to be negative but it's just a hard time atm for new warriors.

Kender 02-23-2012 08:14 PM

there are sometimes groups in ec/wc/nro you might be able to join.

once you hit 12+ (and especially at 14+) you might find it easier to get groups in oasis. not the best xp per kill zone around, but always populated and lots of safe mobs to kill

16+ you can stay in oasis, head to guk, or head to unrest. OT is good too if you can drag a healer type along with you

eadric 02-23-2012 08:25 PM

EC is a good bet, followed by north ro and then Oasis. You should have no problem getting buffs to help you solo if need be in Ec tunnel. If i see you there I'll definitely hook you up with +1100hps.

Boombha 02-23-2012 08:29 PM

I put together Derv groups with anyone 8-11 or so (maybe higher?) in NRO. I generally didn't find to much trouble finding enough people LFG between NRO/EC/Oasis. The dervs in the corner near the oasis zone line were less likely to scare anyone off because no Dorn.

NenshouStar 02-24-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boombha (Post 566967)
I put together Derv groups with anyone 8-11 or so (maybe higher?) in NRO. I generally didn't find to much trouble finding enough people LFG between NRO/EC/Oasis. The dervs in the corner near the oasis zone line were less likely to scare anyone off because no Dorn.

lol, ^ this, is a safe bet to be honest, there are usually quite a few peeps chilling around n-ro at that level, and yes, it's good exp there until 14ish, at which time you should stroll back on over to the oasis for some serious croc/orc bashin madness, at which time i would suggest a guk group if you can get a good one,
it's all relatively close, so not much travel time.

to sum up,

10-14 North Ro, trash mobs/Derv camps.

14-19 Oasis, Crocs/Orc highway

19-24/29 maybe, Upper Guk, sounds good, but also SolA, is just a hop skip away.

from there onwards, you're probably wanna get out a bit, and travel.

Dexus Deftstrike 02-24-2012 12:56 AM

I have soloed my way from 1 to ten pretty easy and downtime isnt too bad so I will be trying North Ro tonight :D Thanks for the tips didn't know oasis would be populated haven't braved out that far yet!