Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Discussion: Zone Plugging (/forums/showthread.php?t=46443)

Rogean 08-25-2011 11:24 AM

Discussion: Zone Plugging

Originally I had decided not to devise a system against users intentionally going LD while zoning, but we have brought it up internally and are now considering it. A system like this may or may not be difficult to implement, and there's no guarantee that it will be available at the launch of the server, or even at all. With that said,
I am opening it for discussion. The system would force a player spawn even if their client has closed the connection while zoning, and they would appear linkdead for the 30 seconds. Due to the nature of the zoning process, it could take up to 5 minutes for a player to pop out linkdead while zoning.

dusk883 08-25-2011 11:29 AM

Forcing a player spawn when in pvp mode is perfect IMO. I remember people would plug without zoning - also remember having to run a few times when a Warrior plugged while in zone bc the now-npc-warrior was 2x better than the player was when plugged in :D

Arillious 08-25-2011 11:30 AM

More people dieing is fine by me.

dusk883 08-25-2011 11:32 AM

IMO you'd want to be sure they had same or better exp loss for plugging (assuming they die)... otherwise it's an incentive to plug

Humerox 08-25-2011 11:32 AM

Plugging is a huge problem in PvP. Any measure taken toward resolving it is fantastic!

:D

Kope 08-25-2011 11:36 AM

What about people who zonecrash legitimately?

I crash every 4th or 5th zone and I haven't been able to figure out why yet (could be my horrible college campus connection).

Rogean 08-25-2011 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kope
What about people who zonecrash legitimately?

I crash every 4th or 5th zone and I haven't been able to figure out why yet (could be my horrible college campus connection).

Hope nobody is around the zoneline that doesn't like you then :P

A few things to note:

Your character will fight back.

And we will put in a message to notify you when you log in with a list of players who attacked and killed you while you were linkdead.

Humerox 08-25-2011 11:48 AM

^^ awesome.

dusk883 08-25-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 374626)

And we will put in a message to notify you when you log in with a list of players who attacked and killed you while you were linkdead.

See, now this sound FUN! Would certainly bring a lot of grins around the server, fun screenshots for posting, etc.

Accountability. Anytime you bring accountability and force it on the players, it's a good thing IMO. Own what you do online baby.

pasi 08-25-2011 11:59 AM

Plugging is awful. System is great.