Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Game Mechanics: mage epic pet (/forums/showthread.php?t=178785)

krazyGlue 01-22-2015 07:28 PM

mage epic pet

shout be immune to charm + any type of banishment spells. also the pet should be harder to cc then it currently is

SamwiseRed 01-23-2015 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krazyGlue (Post 1754843)
shout be immune to charm + any type of banishment spells. also the pet should be harder to cc then it currently is

got prof?

Nirgon 01-23-2015 12:54 PM

No I had bards charm and kill epic mage pets in Velks all the time

Ssok (bard) was notorious for shutting down Vamprea like this on RZ

Now... it should definitely have higher magic resist than the other pets. A lot higher.

krazyGlue 02-01-2015 10:13 AM

Get this pet fixed please . So I can get re-immersed

Ragnaros 02-01-2015 09:31 PM

nirgon is completely wrong, prove me otherwise

Smedy 02-04-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffee (Post 1767319)
should be faster and immune to movement debuffs

immune nope. resistant yes

but if mage pet is going to resist root, i want to be able to resist blind with 50 mr and be immune to root at 90mr as well, right now if i have 200 mr and get malosini i get blinded, which feels far from classic, blind wasn't even a thing on live

Technique 02-05-2015 06:38 PM

Charm poofing pets was a classic bug.

Banishment already has no effect on the epic pet.

Its movement speed is the same base speed as all other pets, but old anecdotes claim it was about as fast as jboots/runspeed3. This is probably something that remains unchanged on Live to this day and could be confirmed there.

Nirgon 02-12-2015 01:58 PM

Mmmm I'm with you that it was faster than the average bear, it surely was even without Velocity. It would be nipping at your heals with jboots up, enough so that if you didn't get a sufficient bead running away from it for a while it'd definitely lay into you on a shadowstep/yonder attempt before you got it off

I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob

While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.

Right now the difference is big enough between what's going on now vs how it worked previously that it hurts immersion tbh

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there

As I'm sure there is no "guide to winning as an epic mage in pvp" out there on the internet.. this is probs the best you'll get along with what Technique managed to find.

RIP The Jacka 02-13-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirgon (Post 1780335)

I'd guestimate it should be as hard to root as a non-tashed/dispelled planar mob

Which begs the question - how are NPC's and PETS treated with Resist system?

Are Pets considered PLAYERS for a resist check, or an NPC world mob? Or do pets get their own special values?

Quote:

While we're at it, pets wish Resist Magic cast on them on live were nearly unrootable or if they did get rooted, it broke within the first/2nd tick commonly, rest of durations uncommonly and RARELY IF EVER full duration.

The epic pet with a resist magic I'd wager would resist every single time.

Raid buffing pets, especially with resist magic (and fr cr etc) IS/WAS a strategy, especially with shamans. This goes back to above question, how are resist computed with pets? Increasing their resists should have value.

Quote:

As far as charm resists on it... shrug use the resist check on root vs charms and find something at least close from there

MY experience is that bards don't have resist when charming epic pet, almost like a rapture. Is this wrong? Any bards with comments?

Is bard charm reliable on non-pet NPCS?

ElemtalRZ 03-23-2015 05:08 AM

First off no were does it say charming pets makes them poof in that thread. Second off thats the ROGUE forums. If this is the reason why my pet getting charmed by a 40 bard song that cost 50 mana poofs my pet I am ashamed to say I play this server.