Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Will the game become too easy once exp penalties are removed? (/forums/showthread.php?t=141823)

Roth 03-04-2014 02:33 AM

Will the game become too easy once exp penalties are removed?

At first I wasn't really a fan of them, but I began to realize once exp penalties on races and classes are removed doesn't that sort of make the game too easy? A lot of the classes and races that have a penalty do legitimately offer a lot of power. So it sort of removes any penalty for playing an ogre sk for example, which is a very strong race/class combo.

Secondly most groups are probably averaging -20% exp when you take all the group members. That's basically an additional dungeon modifier of experience. I think after this change goes through it will probably be extremely easy to hit 50 on this server because of how much more knowledgeable people are and the level of gear. Thoughts?

Skittlez 03-04-2014 02:39 AM

Still not a better tank than a (anything) Warrior.

Roth 03-04-2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittlez (Post 1349046)
Still not a better tank than a (anything) Warrior.

Okay, then an ogre warrior. Does it really make a difference?

Ofaelol 03-04-2014 02:43 AM

Nerf SKs.

Quineloe 03-04-2014 03:10 AM

will mobs be easier to kill without an exp penalty?

Bazia 03-04-2014 03:13 AM

No but it will be once people are Velious geared.

The gear is so good it beyond trivializes anything but the toughest of endgame velious boss encounters.

Anything that isnt one of the tough 3-5 Velious raid bosses will be super, super fucking easy with Vel gear sadly.

Ciroco 03-04-2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roth (Post 1349042)
most groups are probably averaging -20% exp when you take all the group members.

-you might want to read up on the mechanics of group experience if you think this is how it works
-racial experience penalties aren't going away
-is anyone getting a "HAS SCIENCE GONE TOO FAR?" vibe from all these threads?

Zithax 03-04-2014 05:06 AM

My thoughts are you are a deluded masochist. This is the perfect home for you.

Danth 03-04-2014 05:22 AM

Racial penalties don't get removed. In fact, they become more significant because you can no longer share their burden with the rest of your group.

Danth

innocent51 03-04-2014 07:21 AM

I like xp penalties because it adds "something" to the game. However they are completely flawed and none of the racial are gamebreaking. Ikky AC or troll regen gives a slight edge but never makes at raid gear level any noticeable difference.

Ikky SK and Wars have an "Heroic" aspect because of none plate usage. Kina like DE warrior is for super sucky stats or ranger for super sucky everything.
Playing classic EverQuest itself is hard/punishing/long/frustrating for xp penalties to be just the lil crap over the big shit cake. There is no way the game becomes "too easy" because your warriors are now Trolls instead of halflings.