Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   PvP Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Game Mechanics: Tracking Bug with players (/forums/showthread.php?t=174114)

SamwiseRed 12-08-2014 03:10 PM

Tracking Bug with players

I'd say more than half time you track a player using the track skill it takes you to a zoneline instead of the player.

Now the other day we had a bug on red where all the NPCs were appearing near zonelines and Hayner said it had something to do with sending false locations to the client to prevent cheating. Something like that anyway, I will quote if I can find it.

Do you think this anti cheating thing is what is causing player track to be broken? Maybe these false locations are also being used by the actual player track skill and that is why player locations are always near zonelines. Just a thought.

SamwiseRed 12-08-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haynar (Post 1699774)
Well that is messed up.

Shouldnt do that. I know what is probably causing it. There is new code to scramble player locations when you zone in. So if they are using something like myseq, they wont get accurate info. Worked great in testing in many zones. And should not have been zone dependent.

Is it limitted to cities?

H

Colgate 12-08-2014 03:40 PM

i've seen in many, many zones a bug where someone will zone in and appear in a random spot near you, then after like 5-10 seconds they'll poof

none of which were cities

Nirgon 12-08-2014 04:39 PM

I remember track bugging out as long as I played for this project's era on live

It was more reliable than it is here but shadowstep or other things I think broke it then

SamwiseRed 12-08-2014 05:28 PM

Ye this has been broken forever on red. I'm curious if it's broken on blue as well. If not then the anti hack code maybe the culprit.

SamwiseRed 12-09-2014 09:33 AM

bump i just wanna know if the two can be related big H. track bug and anti hack code for player locations.

Haynar 12-10-2014 10:12 AM

Multiple issues.

The anti hack code is part of it.

Another part is a system in place that does not send client updates outside a certain range. I need to add a bypass for tracking clients. Should be a fairly simple fix. I will try to look at in next day or two.

H

SamwiseRed 12-10-2014 02:45 PM

Got dayum you are a badass. Pras

Infectious 02-04-2015 02:22 PM

Noticed in south ro, people will pop on the random mobs walking by. This shit kills pvp, cause you can con every single person who zones in. Makes it alot easier camping a mob that has 2 portals and 2 zone ins, when you know what is comin.

RIP The Jacka 02-12-2015 09:54 AM

update: the bug is inspect-able

the ghost of the person zoning in that spawns on top of you can be inspected, even though you are nowhere near them

no need for mocraquast