Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Targin the Rock (/forums/showthread.php?t=276257)

afelipe1189 06-22-2017 09:38 AM

Targin the Rock

So, Raster down, time to make my way over to Nagafen's Lair to square off with Targin.

When I completed this part of the quest on live, I was at a level where I was able to walk into the Kings room and wipe it with ease. That being said, in all of my years, I've never camped that area in an exp group, so I'm not really sure what to expect in terms of difficulty.

My question is, is this camp soloable at 44? Judging by the stats provided on the wiki, I think I'd be able to clear the PHs, but is there enough room to split them? I remember reading about mobs from the nearby camps assisting with spells.

I'll probably give it a shot tonight regardless, but would appreciate any tips I could get!

PS - will be on around 9PM EST if anyone would like to join me :)

Here's my magelo for reference.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cainn

jolanar 06-22-2017 09:50 AM

Definitely not soloable at 44, and not even close. Might be soloable at 54+ if you have a fungi. There are far too many spawns to keep up with, and the kobold shamans alone will probably wreck you, much less the King or Priest if they spawn.

On the plus side, get a group for it, as you are the perfect level to get great exp in a group there.

Doctor Jeff 06-22-2017 09:58 AM

Terrible post, jolanar...

You just single pull his ph into the lava pit area there is plenty of space on the ledge to fight him.
It won't flee because other mobs are close enough and you only have to kill one mob.

As soon as you can kill 1 ph/Targin, you are able to solo this camp

Unless you are one of those Morans that think monk pulling doesn't work anymore, of course.

Tupakk 06-22-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff (Post 2544982)

You just single pull his ph into the lava pit area there is plenty of space on the ledge to fight him.
It won't flee because other mobs are close enough and you only have to kill one mob.

Unless you are one of those Morans that think monk pulling doesn't work anymore, of course.

For once I agree with DR. The only problem I would say is actually getting to the pit. You better be damn good and FD dancing.

Your best bet is to go during prime time and hope someone is camping royals and ask nicely if you can get the Targin if he spawns.

Tldr: solo in the pit is a yes.

Jimjam 06-22-2017 11:53 AM

You can check for him with /target Targin at the lavastorm zoneline.

To single him you may ask for a friendly enc/cleric/paladin to crit resist lull pull him (solo!) to the zone line if there is one.

afelipe1189 06-22-2017 12:14 PM

Quote:

That's what I'm talking about.. Looking forward to giving this a shot tonight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupakk
The only problem I would say is actually getting to the pit.

Is there a way to exit the pit, outside of OT hammer, cap, potion (none of which I have :p), evac, suicide/corpse drag, etc.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJam
You can check for him with /target Targin at the lavastorm zoneline.

To single him you may ask for a friendly enc/cleric/paladin to crit resist lull pull him (solo!) to the zone line if there is one.

You sir are chock-full of neat tricks. Very cool!

Jimjam 06-22-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afelipe1189 (Post 2545035)
Is there a way to exit the pit, outside of OT hammer, cap, potion (none of which I have :p), evac, suicide/corpse drag, etc.?

You could have a high level wizard visit the zone and /target /invite you from near the zoneline and translocate you away.

Tupakk 06-22-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimjam (Post 2545050)
You could have a high level wizard visit the zone and /target /invite you from near the zoneline and translocate you away.

This. You might have to pay for it but if it's only once. If not you could bind in Temple of Ro die and and from from temple to Sol B and drag. It really depends on how much you want to spend and how solo you want to go.

jolanar 06-22-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Lol. I learned something new. Wouldn't call this the same thing as clearing the Targin camp though, so I get off on a technicality.

Doctor Jeff 06-22-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tupakk (Post 2545002)
The only problem I would say is actually getting to the pit. You better be damn good and FD dancing.

Just zone in from sola, drop down onto the ledge, and fd.

edit: from the lava canyon zoneline.